World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wehn using cod liver oil how do u do it to attract the fish do u just chuck them in the sea????

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
There is a picture in Sea angler magazine this Month af a guy with a ray at witches point and it says the bait he used is sandeel and cod liver oil capsules. :eek:

So unless the angler was fibbing in Sea angler it seems some people are using it in some way :confused:

Maybe Jakeb has read the sea angler and was curious?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
i dont think ure picking on him.

jake b im one of the few 14 yr olds on this site and i think that i ask quite good questions and report on my catches often.

this is a simply a stupid question and if your not going to take the site fairly seriosly dont bother coming on the site.

sorry mate but i totally agree with the outhers

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Barrelreef said:
There is a picture in Sea angler magazine this Month af a guy with a ray at witches point and it says the bait he used is sandeel and cod liver oil capsules. :eek:

So unless the angler was fibbing in Sea angler it seems some people are using it in some way :confused:

Maybe Jakeb has read the sea angler and was curious?

Hi Barrelreef

cod liver oil capsules would be an easy was to use cod liver oil as you can hook the capsules on to the hook before your main bait... the capsule will then leak out the oil living a scent trail as you fish and the capsules will melt away... a lot better than using a syringe to force the oil into the bait you are using!!

I have used the little detergent bags to put a mashed up mackie in and added crab oil to it as a scent trace when fishing off the beach...just have to remember to take the same amount of lead off the end tackle. seems to work well as i have had a few nice fish on it.

Michael :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i did read sea angler magazine and heard u could use cod liver oil so i was just asking to increase my chances of catching?, thats all not reying to be stupid,, did any one see the 100lb cod?

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
birds nest, i totally agree with your first comment. rockhopper, that was a good response to this issue as it was from another young person and it needed to be said.
jaceb, no one is picking on you but you need to realise that while you have the right to ask any Qs you want on these forums, people r going to be a little freaked out by some of the things you ask. you DO keep people on there toes and i know i am not the only one who looks forward to reading your posts. but the fact is i know that some people are starting to get a bit suspect. the comment about you maybe being older is not the first one i have read so i will risk the wrath of the moderators and say this. if you are just 14yrs old and inexperienced then we would all be a little sorry for the coments that have been made on this thread. if you are actually older than you say then people will assume there can only be dark reasons for this*. so if that is the case then it is not working and i suggest you stop it. once again jaceb if i have got it wrong then i really do apologise

( do not forget you were offered some face to face advice if you brought an adult with you and you turned it down) most people would jump at that opportunity

·
Registered
767 Posts
i would listen to all the advice that is offered, these are experienced anglers, but if just ask stupid question you will not get t he response you are looking for, ask sensible question no matter how basic they are, and everyone will do all they can to point youin the right direction.

if you can get an adult to accompany you, take the offers up for some first hand tuition, you will be catching fish before you know it.

happy angling

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
The best chance ever of increasing your chances of catching a fish is to get on the beach and get a hook wet. I don't personally care how old you are some of the threads you've started have literally made me laugh out loud, but I can see how some people could be cheesed off. But if you are only 14 here's a plan. Birdy, being a Woman you are naturally a responsible adult so I'll pick you and Ian up (don't worry Bell you're invited to) then we'll go get Jake and tie him to the beach with a rod in his hand until he's caught something :)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
in hindsight, i don't think we should scoff at the original Q in this thread. when i was a boy my uncle had a large carp lake at friskney near boston and every day he used to throw bannanas and nuts into the water. nobody could figure it out and he scared me so i daren't ask him. then one day one of the syndicate caught a big carp and after twenty minutes he landed it only to see the bugger shoot over the grass and climb a bloody tree. so maybe supplements in the water is a good thing. has anybody ever seen a cod with arthritis? Q.E.D
WELL DONE JACEB we are in awe :D

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Well aren't they? and I can't believe I was taking your previous post seriously until the last line-but then again Carp fishermen are known for being a pretty strange breed :)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
i cant say ive seen a question from jakeb that makes me think he's takin the micheal!!..

If you havent a clue about fishing...Then questions go around your head,,and with a resourse like the wsf,,these questions can be answered..

SOunds like a good idea adding cod liver oil to your bait,,why not?? people use crab juice and other weird stuff..

Keep learning jakeb..and if anything puzzles you..just ask..

I think its great to see a kid who wants to know the ins and outs of everthing,,shows true interest!..

You'll all be kicking yourselves soon,,when he catches that 10lb bass and posts the pics on ere :cool:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers marcus im goin fishing tomorrow down newhaven pier ill try and post my catch (if i catch any thing)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Very very best of luck to you m8 I for one am rooting for you........................Go Jake Go

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I for one have come full circle on this. Right now I dont know what I think. Is this angler 14 ? Is it a salty old seadog winding us up ??? Have I been wasting my time throwing codliver oil tablets into the sea all these years?????

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
why do u all think i am older than 13 i am 13 not forteen or ne other age, why do u think im older than i am?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Come to think of it I believe him no-one over the age of twenty can do that txt fing :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts