World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,a question if i can, Are cod/codling caught from the shore at the humber? Years ago i used to talk to a chap i knew fished Chapel, ingoldmells area he said they used to catch a good few cod on an evening in the winter, ok that was about 20 years ago, but you never seem to hear of lots being caught from the shore now. But i keep reading of a few being caught at humber.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi Guys,a question if i can, Are cod/codling caught from the shore at the humber? Years ago i used to talk to a chap i knew fished Chapel, ingoldmells area he said they used to catch a good few cod on an evening in the winter, ok that was about 20 years ago, but you never seem to hear of lots being caught from the shore now. But i keep reading of a few being caught at humber.

a few come out to shore anglers on the humber banks, as do the odd few off the lincs beaches, on saying that my last was 2 yeers ago !
hopefully we`ll get a run this year :thumbs:
regards Darren

·
Registered
57 Posts
always used to fish vickers point behind the bell pub or ingoldmells point and found that if the cod were about for some reason they were there long before chaple point give it a go[ hush hush ]bit deeper water frank

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah thanks nofishman, i fish vickers point a bit anyway so there's hope. Yes Daz saw them cod you caught on your phone pics the other night, 2 very nice fish, as you say perhaps the cod will show this year, i remember what Frazer was saying about them strongarm crabs being about too. And a 4lb cod at moggs eye, thanks k bebb thats not far off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lets hope the cod are not as illusive this year. Lots of whiting from the beach round mablethorpe trusthorpe and huttoft. Also getting lots out on the kayak and mates have had a lot out on the inflatables but we haven't seen any cod yet. Off up to Bridlington tomorrow till sat so fingers crossed. Here coddy coddy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts