World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys it was another blazing day aboard Sea Leopard out of Newhaven. A slightly different crew to last time but still a few beginners that put there name on the roll of honours list due to Skipper John Goldsmith putting the boat bang on the money yet again!
The weather was fantastic and really could'nt have asked for anymore!
First wreck and first couple of drifts and nothing and then the third drift and John had found them,it just went crazy by 11:30am the Coleman chiller was at capacity and the second fish box was well on it's way to filling up!. A final tally of 53 Cod so everybody onboard caught themselves a good bounty with the Kitty for biggest fish going to a newbie :crazy: well done Graham and a great effort.
It was nice to meet a fellow member Shaun (walking Worm) who was rather rapid in connecting with the Cod using a killer rig set up.
Looking forward to the next trip with a few available spaces left for the 14th Sept if anyone interested in a space pm me to go on the list.
More photo's to follow when i get them back from the lads onboard and i think Shaun grabbed a couple of shots of a deck covered in Cod!
Well done guy's and thank's again John for another fantastic day!
:love:;)

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
What a great day out weather was great and bang in to the fish from the start.......................................................:victory:

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like a good day- when was this? how far out did john take you?
what shads were working?
Sorry Mon 3rd August & the Cod were taking virtually anything that was being put infront of them although there was a particular liking for 6in rhubarb & custard sidewinders and green tsunami shads.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What a difference a day makes (or is it something else?). We were out on Sunday and couldn't touch them - without doubt our worst trip ever, though to be fair, just keeping ourselves from rolling overboard at times was more of a priority than fishing once the swell got up. Don't think we were more than 10 miles out (Beachy Head direction) - with a better sea state presume John managed to get further out with you guys?

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Well done on such a good day. Its great when it all comes together just a pity about the bits in between! We are out again Monday 17th August with Sea Leopard from Newhaven and have two spare places. Anyone interested send me a PM and phone number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts