World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am fishing cod for my first time tommorow and i need some help what kind of bait should i use, and what extra tips do the readers have. please comment:notworthy

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Hi
I assume you will be going after cod in kelp/rough ground marks. I would recommend a main line of 30lb a trace of 60lb a snood of 30 lb and a 4.0 aberdeen ( I am sure readers would recommend a Viking) which should help getting your gear back in. Fish a single dropper (make sure the hook stays sharp) with fresh lug which you will get on any of the beeches local to you. If you are fishing Arbroath or the fife marks you dont have to cast miles you just have to look for groins and gullies or heavy kelp beds. When you cast leave it to settle and try not to move your weight or you will end up in a snag, when reeling in try and do it as fast as you can and keep the rod tip up high.

Try fishing the match tomorrow, you will see lots of guys who know how to fish rough ground and will be happy to offer a bit advice , anyone can take the biggest fish prize
good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts