World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a newcomer to seafishing I have often wondered about catching a decent cod from the shore. I appreciate that the best time of year is throughout those dark winter months however does anyone have any good beaches to fish from that would yield results in the summer to?

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Just like to add what a great site this is – read up on bass fishing, cod fishing, beach fishing – I love quiet days at work! :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hi Blenny

Most of the winter rock marks can produce codling over summer, those around Arbroath, such as Usan can throw up a decent fish.

Summer fishing is a bit different, in the fact that the weather should be calm and settled, with the water gin clear.

The best bait by far is fresh or frozen peeler crab.

The terrain where these fish hang out is very snaggy so 'rotten bottoms' or old spark plugs should be used to sacrifice the lead.

There are a few of us from Scotland - so maybe try and arrange a meet up sometime?

There is a competition being held on the 12th June at Anstruther - Conoflex East Fife Open - usually it's a well attended competetion ( though the downside is that the Fife marks take a long time to recover their fish stock ) might be worth a wander along to see what get's caught.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts