World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...Thinking of giving foreshore a go saturday ( cods corner maybe)
Anything coming off there at mo? What do you think of chances of a cod!!
Or maybe reccomend somewhere else??

Tight lines all.......

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
hi mate , welsh geezer had a few good codling off redwick. have a look at his thread.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I fished there sunday 7 whiting,2 codling...fished by the 2 big boulders,talked to a couple of fisherman on there way back from cods corner and they were catching the same....

·
Registered
287 Posts
hello fishermans freind ,i've fish cods a lot this year and find it fishes better on big tides ,as for saturday it's not a bad tide so could produce but you'l have to get there early at least and hour after low water to get on cods corners because you can guarantee on the weekend it will be full . I tend to fish on a week night as you can normally get on cods easily and will probably be fishing it tuesday or wednsday on the biggest tides of this set .
at this time of year worm and crab cocktails work best but a hole squid can produce . hope this helps and brings you luck .Dai

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers all
By the way can you fish cods corner at low water , never fished there before..
bit of a walk i hear.. any obvious ways to tell me if i`m actually on cods corner (been told its before the wall??)

Tight Lines

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cheers all
bit of a walk i hear.. any obvious ways to tell me if i`m actually on cods corner (been told its before the wall??)

Tight Lines
no cant fish cods on low water. more not so on a big tide. fished ther last wednesday, my old man (roamer) had 1 at 3lb on whole squid.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Cheers all

Tight Lines
hello again, if you walk the path that runs up dock road ,when it opens out to face the sea there is a bush in between you and the sea ,fish the left hand side of the bush if you can get there or to the right if you can't , this is cods corner .
as you look out to sea from the left hand side,on the left (when the tides are low) you can see a bank ,as the tide covers this, get your line ih the water as i have caught bass that come in up the gully and over the bank .
as i have said before , get there early and you will see the features i am talking about . it looks like you have ages to wait but the tide motors in very fast ,so be ready . hope it helps . Dai

1 - 7 of 7 Posts