World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hey there, coming from South Wales I
have always enjoyed winter codding from places such as Magor,Goldcliff and some other English channel marks.I now live in Plymouth,Devon and I need my winter fix of Cod fishing.If there are any locals reading this,could you please leave some,or any info with regards to this subject.Thanx for your time.Jay

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
welcome taffy jay. the fishing around my area cardiff has been the worst ever this winter, we r all pullin our hair out, lots of blankin goin on, even whiting r 1 a nite if u r lucky. ive never known it so bad m8. so dont travel unless u hear otherwise.. whats it like down your way.. we have a chat room in the evenings if u would like 2 come and meet a few guys for a chat, every 1 welcome on this site.. chat usually 8pm onwards. can go on late for the 1s who dont sleep m8. but sod that i usually go early. bout 2 or 3 in morning. heehee, not really, come av a chat, there r a couple of lady fisherwomen as well, but watch em, they can b cheeky at times,, women eayy. talk soon..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice one poacher!my mate in newport says the same...nothing about.2 of my mates from the rhondda coming down tomorrow night for a session(ale and fishing)let u know what it was like on monday.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
ok taff let us no. theres a few on here from newport cardiff valleys caerphilly, everywhere even australia.. we r growin..

·
Registered
303 Posts
hey taffy, you have one of the best charter fleets in the country down their get a trip on a boat, Ive had cod in june from the boats and the skippers there are very good.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one gus.Only problem is this is a catch 22.No work/no money/no afford boat charter.Anyway i love the scenery from the shore marks down here and my sea legs aint that good anymore.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Taffy, you want loads of patience to catch cod in the tamar. I would concentrate on Mutton Cove or Devils Point with big bait and a pulley rig. I prefer 2 hours either side of low water of a small neap. But others prefer high water on a spring! So fish every tide until a pattern appears. One bloke I heard about spent 100 hours fishing the River and had one cod of 17lb! That is dedication.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts