World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,749 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I&#39;ve been trying to catch some cod(ling) without much success in the Aberdeen area, and gave up at the end of April. My last time out around the 20th April gave me 2 baby codling, both of about 1/2 lb. Since then, I have been trying to spin for some Saithe or Pollock, without success. I think now I will wait until the Mackeral arrive in July/August, and then just wait for some decent Cod in October onwards. Where in the East of Scotland do you fish?
Cheers</font>

· Registered
1,749 Posts
<font color='#000000'>For you other local chaps, there is an article in the latest issue (June I think) of Sea Angler magazine (in case you don&#39;t usually buy it) on fishing at Cove. No suprises, except that a Short Spined Sea Scorpian of about 2 lb or so (about 2 oz less than the Scottish record) was caught during the writers trip. They had several codling to 3 lb. One thing I do not know, is when their fishing trip actually took place, could have been 6 months ago, I&#39;ll have to read it again.</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.