World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>As a newcomer to the sea fishing scene can anyone tell me what the prospects are of catching some decent cod of the east coast of scotland just now?? I usually prefer beachcasting from the cliffs but would just like to know if i&#39;m wasting my time. Maybe its time to put my sea gear away till next year but would like to know for sure.
Any info greatly appreciated..
Many thanks
Scotty...</font>

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color='#000000'>Hi Lewis,
I fish in the aberdeen area myself from time to time , mainly at newtonhill or cove. Havent had a great deal of success up there to be honest but seem promising spots all the same&#33;&#33; Enjoyed some good days out at the Arbroath cliffs including a whopping 6 1/2 pounder in march. &nbsp;
I now reckon thats the sea fishing finished for me till later in the year with the exception of a couple of sorties spinning for sea trout in the tay. Time to concentrate on the trusty fly rod&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Tite Lines Lewis...</font>

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font color='#000000'>Your not wrong there spanner - i was starting to think that WSF stood for welsh sea fishing. As for the bait problem i seem to be ok on that front with 1 good supplier in dundee &nbsp; &nbsp; ( the anglers choice ) and 1 in arbroath ( down near the harbour). Have you guys tried www.seabait.com??? I havent tried them myself but have spoke to them once on phone - they supply live rigger/rag next day delivery if ordered in the morning. Definately worth a try as prices are reasonable too..
Good luck
Scotty</font>

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font color='#000000'>That is very good to know wobbly&#33;&#33; So are you saying that you can catch cod pretty much all year round on the east coast or do they only feed on the peeler for a short period.
Reckon a trip to Arbroath cliffs could be on the cards for later in the week - i&#39;ll let you know how i get on&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.