World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Nothing for years and then along come 3 at once, Aberdeen to Stonehaven is also my local patch&#33;

I&#39;ve been posting on various forums on and off over the last few years and this is the 1st time I&#39;ve come across others fishing around here.

Too right about bait, but its surprising how much you can stuff in a freezer if you really try&#33;</font>

· Registered
259 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I&#39;ve not tried sebait although I keep meaning to. &nbsp;I usually use Baits Direct and I can certainly recommend them. &nbsp;Just have a get a bunch at once to make it worthwhile, andy ou need a big freezer or an old one in the garage&#33;

However, I have more success with freezing my own caught/dug bait than buying frozen. &nbsp;I can&#39;t tell the difference in quality but the fish seem to. &nbsp;I just stock up the freezer when the mackerel are in and I dig razor from the west coast during the spring tides. &nbsp;

I keep meaning to get a push net to get my own sandeel, and one of these years I&#39;ll take a trip down to the Tay to stock up on peeler.

Tescos mussels and frozen calamari have got me out fishing plenty of times too, and I&#39;ve even caught on their slightly manky mackerel&#33;</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.