World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had 6 hours on the pilot tonight. from 3 till 9. nice swell rolling in the bay. very blustery with that eastly blowing but was ok sheltered behind the light house casting in towards the channell. used rag worm with a 3.0 pennell pully rig. also managed to get sum frozen peeler of a lad on the pier 1pound each. i managed 5 codling around the pound and half mark and 2 rockling. rel;eased all the fish unharmed as were only lip hooked. the guy with the crab had at least 10 codling and a few flattys. he was casting realy far and was swinging it. he said a pendu cast or sumthing. realy enjoyed my session .. and again the bait from friarage tackle was brilliant.
thanks
peter haswell

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds very good, have never fished from there before. I had considered it afew times when walking the dogs in that area.

I have earlies this week so may pop down. What is a good time to go there, I can get after 5pm all week.

Also, if anyone is going there would they mind showing me afew tips, I'm very very new and would appreciate the advice from the more experienced of you.

If I could catch one of those that you caught I'd be a happy bunny.

Regards

·
Registered
198 Posts
Unfortunatly you would be fishing pretty much low tide after 5:00 this week but it can produce fish all states of the tide,
The boulders surrounding the pier can be a problem when landing larger fish as you need to hoist them over to avoid losing your catch !
Its a very snaggy place to fish but a good cast toward the lifeboat on the other bank should see you on a muddy/sandy bottom,
Fresh rag tipped with either squid or mackerel if you cant get crab should see you catching plenty of coalies with the chance of the odd codling,
Good luck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
A Pendulum cast... i wouldn't recommend trying it
Especially off the Pilot...cant swing a cat on there without hitting something never mind pendulum casting :laugh:

No need to go for distance off there anyway as most of the fish are in the channel...i reckon 40-50 yards will see you ok :victory:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just had a look on YouTube re: Pendulum cast and I must say that looks rather difficult. The longest cast I managed a couple of days ago would have been just over 50 yards. I have a lot of learning todo ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
with the tides been massive downt really want to be fishing it low water as the water wont have much depth to it. theres a massive swell on there now. just been down. few younguns using ther spinning rods getyting soaked of the swell haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.