World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was due to head West Sharking this weeked but with that plan in tatters I had to do something. Knowing the height of the tide I delayed getting to the Ranny until high water. Started off just inside the point and when the tide went on the ebb I moved off to a mark further down towards the pool.
Second and third cast resulted in a couple of codling around the 1.5 lb mark to frozen black lug tipped with peeler. Nothing else for the rest of this session. Weather was bonkers coat on coat off it was like fishing the bahamas one minute with boiling sun (honest!) and then rain and wind the next!
Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
well done ryan

you did better than us on the foreshore....all we picked up was little bits and pieces in the form of pou, poor cod, whiting and silvers

will have to grab some of those blacks off you too.

john

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
well done ryan
who was you going sharking with ? i am tempted too have a final trip west targetting porgies off lundy before they shoot off, i think i got till about mid oct last shot ha

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sharking was with Alan on Rob's Lady Jue 3 out of Swansea. Gutted we couldnt go but had a nice morning out anyhow. The blacks are great bait, but boy is hard to put faith in something that resembles a soggy boot lace! do the business though! LOL

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You'll be well sheltered from the worst of it Gazz hopefully! Just watch out for the cliffs as there were a few small falls of rocks yesterday...

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
well done ryan unlucky on the sharking but nice to see the cod making a show :clap3::clap3:

·
Team Loonz
2,270 Posts
nice one ry i usually tip blow lug off with frozen blacks seem to be the best way to keep scent but they are good on there own did you use ur new rod after if so did you like lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts