World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
613 Posts
i know a few of you aint going to believe me but there has been 2 coddling caught off port talbot in the last 3 weeks. i saw the first one of 2 and half lb but a few local boys have been telling me of a 5lb'er caught last week. with the weather this summer being so pwp i think we might have a proper cold winter, and a nice run of cod on the s.wales coast.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
i know a few of you aint going to believe me but there has been 2 coddling caught off port talbot in the last 3 weeks. i saw the first one of 2 and half lb but a few local boys have been telling me of a 5lb'er caught last week. with the weather this summer being so pwp i think we might have a proper cold winter, and a nice run of cod on the s.wales coast.
he went out last nite and had one 16 or so inches down lantwit so they may start a little early due to the amazing summer:laugh: no but its incouraging signs so fingers crossed lads:victory:

·
Registered
322 Posts
bring it on lets get codding lets just hope they come our way ?i have had good summer fishing got to carry it thro to the dark cold wet nights so numb got to stop i am making my self miserable lol

·
Banned
613 Posts
bring it on lets get codding lets just hope they come our way ?i have had good summer fishing got to carry it thro to the dark cold wet nights so numb got to stop i am making my self miserable lol
the more miserable you feel the better it is when you catch a big one. i think it'll be a good winter this year, wont take much to beat last year.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
as soon as i get bk from hols on the 9th i will be on them, the newport marks will fish well for codling september, night tides are the best.for everyone saying about cold winters the sea is at its warmest in the bristol channel end of october and october through to crimbo is the best time for cod

·
Registered
314 Posts
As im realy starting to get into fishing now i cant wait untill the mother of all fishing seasons start (could be debateable) the winter cod!
But... is there anywhere local to Swansea that would produce these bad boys? or is a big travel distance needed:cry: Realy want to catch one :shutup:

·
Banned
613 Posts
As im realy starting to get into fishing now i cant wait untill the mother of all fishing seasons start (could be debateable) the winter cod!
But... is there anywhere local to Swansea that would produce these bad boys? or is a big travel distance needed:cry: Realy want to catch one :shutup:
you might get one off mumbles pier or knab rock, but last year was rubbish. a few were being caught further east, past cardiff and right up the channel but it was a crap season everywhere.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was out on a boat 3 weeks ago, 3 came in that day the biggest was 3.5lb. they are about in deeper water but not in any numbers yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts