World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
all in all a cold and windy but productive weekend at (newquay w.wales) fished the harbour wall on sat morning small flats to start off on the hour up. then whiting to 1/4 lb from high to 2 hrs down plenty of big dogs to keep us going two at a time on fresh dug lug, 21 whiting 10 flats and yes 15 dogs between the boy and me all returned.

Fished aberporth rocks on sat evening wind had died down but still fresh, more whiting and flats to a 1lb on fresh dug lug, and my son had a 4lb spider crab not good from 25 feet upthe cliff.. but managed to handline it up and it was returned safley. the dogs came in again but not as maney lit the lamps and settled down for a big bait session for some rays had a good thumping knock but came to nothing.
total fish 14 whiting 6 dabs 8 dogs all returned, and a bloming good missed fish

Fished the harbour wall sunday morning blowing a gale with a big swell blinking freezing very small whiting and dogs 4 wevers fished hour down only went home for bacon and eggs 8 whiting 4 dogs and 4 wevers

Fished the evening tide sunday night from harbour beach fresh breeze and a big swell pluged for bass shall we say it kept me warm nuff said.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi martin

had 4 small mackey's last weekend and me mate had 2 the weekend afore but after the blow this week and it being like september your guess is as good as mine we where catching mackey's this time last year though.
cheers clive

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Well if Borth was anything to go by tonite - hibernate! N'erly 6-7, had to put the tripod so the rods pointed parallel with the water, very choppy short surf with not even a dogger attempting to swim in for a munch! Gave up after 2 hrs and defrosted in pub....

That wind needs to die down, for sure!

Cheers - John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts