World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a short sesh at the Knap this morning 05:00-08:30, two up, 1 and half down, baits used were sandeel and squid on up and over pennel rigs. Weather was mild, bites were constant, no sign of rays but I did manage 7 doggies, chuffed.
Did strike into somtehing a lot heavier but got snagged straight away, couldn't get it out so had to snap off, I'm off back down there shortly to see what it was, or at least get my tackle back.

On another note, when I chucked a doggie back, it curled into a ball and made a splash, at which about 15 large sandeel or launce all jumped out of the water, didn't know they got them down there, has anyone ever tried feathering for them close in??????

·
Registered
822 Posts
you sure his stomach didn't burst and all the sand eel came out?

a friend of mine on a boat had that happen to him, caught his first doggie, and wast told to grab it with its tail in hand too, he must have grabbed too hard and his stomach burst with sand eel everywhere

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi Fiskies Nice One On The Doggs Mate!!! Fancy Popping Down This Evening On The Tide Mate For A Bash????

·
Registered
585 Posts
you must have been on the end i was fishing on the other side of the two blokes just doggies for me 8or 9 looking for a ray myself

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
well done matey,ill give you a call when i get back!!!!:kissing:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Well done on the short beach session there Fiskies! Glad that theres plenty of bites happening at the Knap and at least 7 doggies are still on the mooch lol.

Will be giving the beach a go as soon as i get back from work..............

Tight Lines,

nick

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,617 Posts
well in there m8 - nice session....
could be sandeel as my mates fished it a few weeks back as spotted a few in the shallows.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts