World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing, not a single bite!!! Several people fishing Saturday morning. High was approx 10 o clock, variety of baits used, macky/squid/sandeel. Fished 2.5 hours up and 2 hrs down!

Any better fishing anywhere else?

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi fished rhoose today at the limekilms had 3 pouting 3 congers and lost 2 better stamp fish (fished the seamasters open) biggest fish caught was i conger of 18 lb think that was caught at cold knap a few codling rockilng and rays was also caught

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been fishing most marks in barry lately,not very productive.im still learning mind.have found worm the best bait,been getting some real thumps on the rod but no connection.its turning cold now so it should pick up so im told.Michael Fish :lol: just mentioned the first frost coming in this week.its just been too windy lately to spot bites my rods been blowing all over the shop.any advise for dealing with winds?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
best thing i can find with regards to wind is to lie the rod in the rest in the same direction as the gust, i.e sideways across the sea since the wind always comes in at you from barry.

yeah, first frosts should signal the return of the whiting/codling. went on a boat trip last saturday out of swansea and codling were caught so they are on their way up the coast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could be that my rod its a cheapy,i thought it was quite stiff but when fishing with a lad tother day his was still and mine was flapping around like a good un,his was a £150 shakespear and he said it was filled with foam?I usually result to holding the rod at 90 degrees to the line and feeling for bites,makes your arm ache though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
if ur aven problem with the wind a stiffer rod wud help but with any rod, it helps a lot if u put a bigish bow in ur line the wind then keeps the line tight n wen a fish bites the bow shortens and a bite is signaled on the tip hopes this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts