World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a coleman northstar secondhand but it came without instructions.I have used a tilley in the past but this seems completely different. the box says read the instructions first and there are basic details on base. If anybody uses one step by step lighting guide and advice would be very helpful. I have not tried to light it yet in case I screw things up.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just bought a coleman northstar secondhand but it came without instructions.I have used a tilley in the past but this seems completely different. the box says read the instructions first and there are basic details on base. If anybody uses one step by step lighting guide and advice would be very helpful. I have not tried to light it yet in case I screw things up.
WHATEVER YOU DO DONT START AND LEAVE THE IGNITION IN PLACE AS THEY HAVE A TENDENCY OF CORODING WITH FUEL LEAKAGE,
FIRSTLY REMOVE IGNITION MODULE
PUMP 8 OR 9 TIMES
REPLACE IGNITION AND LIGHT
REMOVE IGNITION
PUMP 20 OR 25 TIMES
TURN ON FULL POWER
BUT REMEMBER DONT LEAVE IGNITION IN PLACE

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Yeah, be careful not to get fuel on the ignition unit - I am now on my 3rd ignition unit!!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for help ,I have lit it and it works fine. I would never have thought that you would have to keep removing and replacing the ignition unit. Perhaps I should have stuck with my old tried and tested tilley,with all its difficulty lighting . I would still like to get hold of an instruction booklet for the northstar dual fuel.If anybody knows where I can get one from it would be appreciated . Thanks again for the posts.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
get a powerhouse dual fuel and forget the northstar overcomplicated and prone to breakages my opinion crap lamp,crap quality ,all the hassle for the sake of a box of matches:) :) :)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
WHATEVER YOU DO DONT START AND LEAVE THE IGNITION IN PLACE AS THEY HAVE A TENDENCY OF CORODING WITH FUEL LEAKAGE,
FIRSTLY REMOVE IGNITION MODULE
PUMP 8 OR 9 TIMES
REPLACE IGNITION AND LIGHT
REMOVE IGNITION
PUMP 20 OR 25 TIMES
TURN ON FULL POWER
BUT REMEMBER DONT LEAVE IGNITION IN PLACE
now i know why my ignition cassette fell apart after only a year do you know if the lamp will work without the module and i just light manualy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have just received full instructions via email from coleman centre in Bristol after ringing them . I have now have solved what I thought was a problem with the light I bought. When I turned it off it continued to remain lit for a short period but it appears that is normal . regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts