World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright lads, was asked to bring this old rod back to life, after sanding it down expecting carbon it turned out the blank was wooden :doh: so after a few days thinking what colour to do it last night I whipped it up in chestnut brown & metallic red cooper, just waiting for mr postman to come with the hi build,
What you think ?

Cheers Ross

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Looks a bit bland Ross, why not bling it up with a brigher color whipping like yellow or bright green/blue with black trims, or go for the black/gold as you did on your other rod ?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Looks a bit bland Ross, why not bling it up with a brigher color whipping like yellow or bright green/blue with black trims, or go for the black/gold as you did on your other rod ?
Glad u said that. I was gonna suggest something with a bit more contrast to the blank...but he MAY be buying a rod off me soon, and I didn't wanna p155 him off :lmao:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
thats not wood,thats glassfibre.:doh:

but anyway,i always think that your better off away from the bling colours on brown blanks,burgundy may look good with a tipping,your rod though mate im sure it will be cool whatever you decide on having.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See what you mean, don't you reckon once it got a nice shiney coat on it'll bring it to life a bit ? I'm not sure the colours I used before would work on the wood ?

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Well it does look bland in that colour don't it? why say it looks louuvly when it don't, Ross has done the right thing asking before he does the whole rod(well I hope he hasn't lol)

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats not wood,thats glassfibre.:doh:

but anyway,i always think that your better off away from the bling colours on brown blanks,burgundy may look good with a tipping,your rod though mate im sure it will be cool whatever you decide on having.
Wood effect :whistling lol

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I would do another colour m8, even black will look good on your timber effect blank (fibre glass) lol,

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it does look bland in that colour don't it? why say it looks louuvly when it don't, Ross has done the right thing asking before he does the whole rod(well I hope he hasn't lol)
Do you mean this bit ? :headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Oh my God :doh::doh::doh: what have you done lol, if you still dont like it after epoxy, then line up all the colours you have and take a photo of the rod against them all and we could all vote on a colour scheme, ps if you need a decorator then give me a ring m8, that plug socket is horrendous lol

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Bless his little cotton socks, it might be ok after some epoxy, just a thought Ross just do the tip ring and see what its like

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Just do the tip and see what it's like, the whippings will darken a bit so it might look better,

·
Registered
276 Posts
How about a black rod,with nice bright red whippings ect.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You could spray it,use black tape or shinkwrap of some sort.anything that will flex with the rod and not crack.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Ross just epoxy the tip whipping and see if it darkens, it might look ok m8, I would keep the blank original

1 - 20 of 27 Posts