World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nipped over to Ilfracombe pier for a couple of hours this afternoon with Mrs.S.
Took the light gear - 8' spinning rods , light legers and No 4 hooks and worked our way through a 1/4 of Harbour Rag.
Found a nice sheltered spot on the steps just along from the Oldenburgh.
First fish went to Mrs.S - a pretty little Wrasse of about 6oz. She was dead chuffed as it finally broke her duck for this year !!
I had what I thought was a crab on the end of my line until I got it about 3' off the bottom , when it started flapping. As it broke surface it turned out to be a Plaice that came in at about 1 1/4 lbs. Yummy.... guess what I'm having for dinner tomorrow ?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Nipped over to Ilfracombe pier for a couple of hours this afternoon with Mrs.S.
Took the light gear - 8' spinning rods , light legers and No 4 hooks and worked our way through a 1/4 of Harbour Rag.
Found a nice sheltered spot on the steps just along from the Oldenburgh.
First fish went to Mrs.S - a pretty little Wrasse of about 6oz. She was dead chuffed as it finally broke her duck for this year !!
I had what I thought was a crab on the end of my line until I got it about 3' off the bottom , when it started flapping. As it broke surface it tyurned out to be a Plaice that came in at about 1 1/4 lbs. Yummy.... guess what I'm having for dinner tomorrow ?
damn u :)
fancy comin down for a few hours on thursday evening?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Sounds good to me .......... what time were you thinking off ?

Looks like it's picking up at last !! :clap3:
well mate me and a mate are going down after college for an all nighter so i reckon it cud be about 6 that we get down there, wouldnt bet on exact times though.
we will see if its picking up for sure when a good old 14 hour report comes from thursday:)
got to beat last years record of i think 9 species by the fish whisperer, thinkins its best attempted closer to "proper" summer.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts