World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....if you are going to move Comps / Meets / Boats into the appropriate section - please show some consistency and move them ALL in there please ( Lossiemouth ? Scrabster ?)

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
i think u'll find the scrabby one is in the apropriate section gordon brough it up in main section to try and fill 3 spaces

and the lossiemouth one
has 1 space left which im sure adam will move

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Adeys I did see that. Nevertheless the thread is still about a boat meet and should be moved with the rest.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not being pedantic here Wooky, but surely asking to fill a boat IS a detail of the boat meet !

G

·
Ross is this causing you anxiety mate if so they help out here.
Scottish mod is on late's tonight I am sure when he comes on he will action your request no doubt.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Try sorting one out for yourself and then when you get last minute withdrawals and pull outs, updating the thread in the meets section - people only tend to read those threads to get the initial detaisl of of the meet, I've arranged a few and btw - I'll be bumping a thread about the Scotstown Meet on the 31st in the near future (again) the details of which can be found in the meets section ;)

If you don't like the way the Scotland Section of the forum is modded get in touch with Mike - personally I think they guys do a sterling job

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try sorting one out for yourself and then when you get last minute withdrawals and pull outs, updating the thread in the meets section - people only tend to read those threads to get the initial detaisl of of the meet, I've arranged a few and btw - I'll be bumping a thread about the Scotstown Meet on the 31st in the near future (again) the details of which can be found in the meets section ;)

If you don't like the way the Scotland Section of the forum is modded get in touch with Mike - personally I think they guys do a stirling job
I've organise a few "meets" in my time too Wooky, like for example the Clyde & West "meet" which was bumped to the Meets section, as it perhaps should have.
What I don't understand however is why the Lossiemouth boat trip, organised by a Senior Moderator wasn't moved also. There's absolutely nothing in the Meets Section about this one.
Oh and what's Stirling got to do with anything?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Jees, I thought that ex-trawlermen were thick-skinned, so don't be creating conflict where there aint any i am not trying to create conflict

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:headhurt: geezuz guys aint it time that we all stopped bitching at eachother my thoughts of this site was to help eachother with tips/tricks about sea angling not a daily slagging match me for one is getting fedup of the constant bickering on this site which in my mind spoils the whole idea of this site and if anyone disagrees i dont mind because if you just think about it when you hit the power off button on your pc no one or nothing exists unless you have acually met a person:thumbs: this maybe a negative way of thinking but thats my way of thinking ..............so chill out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where's the slagging match here dod ? Where's the bitching? Where's the bickering?
I merely raised a point , on a public debating forum, that, in my opinion, consistency was not being shown in moving posts about meets/ matches to the appropriate forum. A couple of other forum users chose to debate this.
Jees, I thought that ex-trawlermen were thick-skinned, so don't be creating conflict where there aint any.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I'm going to my father in law's funeral in a few hours .......................
................... somehow makes all of this 5hite pale into insignificance ?:sad2::sad2::sad2:

·
Registered
794 Posts
im going to scrabster and wisnae looking for atrip so if it wisnae put in the public forum this space wouldnae have been taken well done ticketty

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
The scrabby trip is there because Gordon is trying to get the spaces filled at the last minute, leaving it on the main gives it more exposure.

The Lossie trip will be moved there this weekend. When we first introduced the Meets section we(scottish members) decided to leave things in the main forum for a week or so to get them more exposure and make sure as many members know about them as possible. They then get moved to the meets.

Current meets get sticky'd at the top of the meets section. Some meets I move back to the main forum a week or two before they happen.

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Ross, I would say that any "meet" post is more relevant on a fishing forum than this one but that's just my opinion.
The title explains what it is and if I don't want to read about it, then I won't. Personally, I feel you should have used a PM for this.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My my, you are a rather aggressive and defensive bunch aren't you.

Gordon,
I sympathise about your father-in-law but that still doesn't give you the right to accuse me of talking 5hite or pi$h,as you have in recent days, just because you disagree with my point of view. Let's not fall out over this!

Bigads,
You say that you've left the Lossiemouth and Scrabster trips on the main forum because "that's where they'll attract more attention"- but surely that's what all comps and meets want to do. All I said was that it seems rather subjective on your part, in deciding what meets/comps stay on the main forum, and which are moved. That wasn't a critisism, merely an observation.

Dougster,
There's no "moan" here and you know it - stop trying to stir it !

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
How does "insignificant tripe with little relevance" sound instead then Ross? Just go fishing mate? Life's too short not to.................

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.