World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all myself and family are of down to weymouth from the 6th aug for a week I have allready reserved a day for myself to go fishing and would appreciate any locations/ best bait/tactics etc ,also as my eldest daughter is quite into fishing so we are going to have a fishing family fun day as well would like to know what sort of location would be best bearing in mind that my missus and youngest will also be there.is the harbour any good for floating with light gear? looking for somewhere easy and safe for the family day.. :eek:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
ringstesd beach near weymouth is lovely. wrasse pollack and bass on float, fantastic reef to swim around at low tide. and crystal clear. take some snorkelling gear and you will see more fish than you could ever catch. chesil beach is good for fishing but not good for swimming :)

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
hi big dee, the stone pier, at the end of weymouth harbour is a good place to fish. if you fish the harbour side of it near the nothe fort, you have a small pebble beach, seaward side for your little ones to play / swim. the pier does get crowded, but there are lots of mackie,garfish, pollock and wrasse to be caught on mackie baits. the occasional plaice fished on the bottom harbour side is a possibility as well. good luck. matt :D

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
many thanks for the info bass bites,matt . also Ian maybe we can have a chat and you can give us a more few pointers on the 30th at monknash :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts