World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Boston!
I just had the pleasure of discovering this site. It looks fantastic! I am an advid fisherman and member of a US fishing forum, Pierandsurf.com. I am heading over to London tomorrow and will be staying until the end of August to study/work. I am extremely tempted to bring some fishing gear with me. I have a few spinning outfits (fresh and saltwater). Unfortunately, I have never fished in the UK before and am unfamiliar with species and techniques for fish there.

I would hope to fish in between classes and on the weekend when I have some time. Either freshwater or saltwater would be nice. I am staying in Sevenoaks for a month with family and then moving to London. Any suggestions, fish i should target, locations, tips, words of advice would be much appreciated. I am not trying to find secret spots, just a place where I can wet a line :) . I am looking forward to my stay in the UK :D . Many thanks.

Babson

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Babson,

Welcome to the Forum.

When you arrive here and log on to the Forum again, I have no doubt that you will get all your answers.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I hope you enjoy your stay in England but when you return to the States, could you please take Malcolm Glazer with you.
All the best mate.
Terry F. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well said Terry but maybe you should add Tim Howard to the list of unwanted people he can take back with him.
Anyway welcome to England Babson hope you have fun while your here just avoid Manchester if i was you!!!!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hi and welcome I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction but I don't think you're gonna be catching much in London m8

or Manchester ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
For carp one of the best places is walthamstow resovoir or there are others like Farlows,Swan lake,Bury Hill,Gold valley and a few more i can't name.
For sea fishing your best bet is to head south towards the solent as it is quite good for fishing when the fish are about that is!!!
Hope this helps and welcome

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Hi - as you're going to have to get to the coast from Sevenoaks to go sea fishing why don't you check out East Hastings Sea Angling Association. Here's their web site EHSAA It's not expensive to join (£33 per year plus £20 joining fee the first year) and Hastings is only 40 miles from Sevenoaks. They have their own licenced clubhouse on the seafront and have boats which members can use for free. If you don't have your own outboard motor they will arrange for you to go out in one of the other boats. The boats hold four comfortably so there's always a spare spot in a boat.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
great advice lucky..nice one. :cool:

Welcome to the forum mate,,and welcome to Britain,,im sure you'll have a nice time in London...

Theres plenty of options open to you,so u will find theres some nice angling to be had..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts