World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ian me and a couple of mates are heading north to try our hand at Steetly, you said when we met at Whitby what great fishing is to be had there so May 4th (Fri) afternoon we should be there, can anyone let me know where to get bait from and also directions to Steetly would be good, also can anyone let me know what sort of fish we are likely to catch at that time of the year, would it be too early for Mackie?

Cheers Chaps

Pete

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Well Ian me and a couple of mates are heading north to try our hand at Steetly, you said when we met at Whitby what great fishing is to be had there so May 4th (Fri) afternoon we should be there, can anyone let me know where to get bait from and also directions to Steetly would be good, also can anyone let me know what sort of fish we are likely to catch at that time of the year, would it be too early for Mackie?

Cheers Chaps

Pete
HI MATE BIGPAUL IS THE MAIN MAN ON THIS VENUE HE WILL LET YOU KNOW ALL THE INFO! WELCOME TO THE NORTHEAST MATE!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Ring Friarage tackle which is an angling shop at the Headland shops. Charlie is the owner on 01429 273145. and order your bait( they will also direct you)
The headland is only a small place. As you drive in you can go left past some shops or right following the docks. Go to the right and you come to some more shops on the right painted green. The friarage is about 3/4 of the way round.
To find Steetly is easy. Go back the way you came and drive to the big chimney. You drive along a road and at the end of the road is a very old cemetry which i believe was originally for the jewish community. Park your car on the left at the end of the road on the grass. Then its time to have a longish walk to the pier. There is an old path but cut through the old works (fence has loads of holes in it). And head to where the sea is dead easy.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

Cheers Chaps

Pete
if i not working we will join you

·
Registered
157 Posts
im sure one of the hartlepool lads will be able to tell you a safe place to park, dabcatcher is from down hartlepool i think mate

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey dabscatcher any info on what we are likely to catch there also any baits or rig set up would be great and finally do you know of some where we can park a van up safe... even if we have to pay.

Thanks in advance

Pete

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Watch the reports over the next couple of weeks. Long way to come if it dosnt pick up.Its been really poor on there for a while apart from when theres been the odd Northerly blow up. Too early then for Mackie i think. Will be Dabs,Flounders and Whitie most likely. I may be on Saturday and will post report for you.

Cheers. Bob.

·
Registered
506 Posts
depends when u going during the day its basicly safe or park near the police office thats near the premier shop just near the turn off up cemetry road that takes ya to the steetly

·
Registered
11,125 Posts
Hey dabscatcher any info on what we are likely to catch there also any baits or rig set up would be great and finally do you know of some where we can park a van up safe... even if we have to pay.

Thanks in advance

Pete
pm me in a couple of weeks and i,ll be able to give you recent info and all the other stuff regardings rigs parking etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts