World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need a bit of help off some 1 please,

me and my m8 are going to fish our first comp down st brides light house on sunday, could n e 1 tell me if u can fish two rods and what type of rigs would be suitable cheers.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
most comps i fish are normally 1 rod with a maximum of 3 hooks, can't comment on bait and rigs as i have never fished st brides.

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,617 Posts
i would use flapper rigs baited up with ragworm sections on size 4's or 2's for the flatties and eels..........
i think its a 1 rod comp with a maximum of 3 hooks.....
best of luck m8,
steffyenck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
depends what fish your going to target.if your trying to bag up then rag and peeler are your best bet close in 3 hook paternoster for silver eels & flounders or a big cast with rag & squid for conger and thornbacks on a pulley rig.

you will be suprised how many thornies have come out in the competitions held in this area.

I fished it last year and had about 12 codling out plus whiting admittedly a bit earlier in the year but could not get a fish in size.

charlie.....:thumbs: :fishing:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
need a bit of help off some 1 please,

me and my m8 are going to fish our first comp down st brides light house on sunday, could n e 1 tell me if u can fish two rods and what type of rigs would be suitable cheers.
if i was u i would use a 1 up 1 down rig and bait rag worm my m8 fishes there all the time and thats what he uses good luck.TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Is it a open comp? might pop along, caught my biggest fish down there this year
Yes it is an open m8 if you look in the match forum above there is a link for the poster with all the details you need -- Any probs pm wallmark (the organising club chairman)

·
Registered
594 Posts
what happenes if you get a nice ray?? can it be weighed or measuered and put back if??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts