World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I have a Shimano Beastmaster multi sectional travel rod for holidaying in the Greek Islands and I'm very happy with it. Cheers, Tony O-P.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
i wouldnt bother with the rods your looking at!
just go for a multi section rod!

·
Registered
11,125 Posts
i have a shimano 6 peice spinning rod. comes on a solid tube and only about 2ft long. as strong as a good carp rod with a choice of 2 lengths.

i would highly recomend them.

C

·
0 Posts
just looked at the link what are they
definitely get a shimano exage/beastmaster Ive got four of them and cant fault them in any way

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I highly rate my Mike Ladles 4surespin. At just under 900mm (approx 3ft) packaged it fits nicely into your suitcase. Combined witha Shimano Stradic 4000GTM-RA or a Shimano 5000GTE-B and 20lb Berkley braid its the muts. I don't think that V8 Rob will mind posting his pictures to show what this rod is capable off. They really blew my mind, and i thought a 6lb pollack tested the rod!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just bought a Daiwa Wilderness Spin 9/11 two weeks ago. They come in 6 sections for 11ft or just use 5 pieces for 9ft.

Very happy so far.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The only thing with the Mike Ladle/ Greys rods are the fact they are 4 piece and are around 30" when packed. Slightly too big for many suitcases, but there again I always take mine on as hand luggage if flying. I dont like the idea of them being thrown in the main hold. Rod and reels go as hand luggage :bounce:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts