World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
think it should be here cos its requarding equipment.

recently built a big metal shed to have all ma fishing stuff in from rods, reels, floaty and all my terminal tackle.

went out this morning and noticed condensation running down my rods, now i know that when out fishing there used to having water dripping down them, but wasnt sure if cos there sitting there constantly with the condensation on it, would this cos a problem with the rods??

am in the middle of searching of other ways to stop this condensation as the ways ave already done when building dont seem to have worked.

cheers dan

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I would think the problem will go away if you add ventilation its probably the shed retaining heat built up during the day then cooling down outside which is causing internal condensation in the shed. Regards the rods just give them a wipe over before putting away and a quick wd40 on the rings and reel fitting. The main problem will be reels and rig bits as these can suffer . Try a silicone pouch like you get in boxes with tellies in this might help.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
It's just the cold air mate! Only way to stop it would be insulation!

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would think the problem will go away if you add ventilation its probably the shed retaining heat built up during the day then cooling down outside which is causing internal condensation in the shed. Regards the rods just give them a wipe over before putting away and a quick wd40 on the rings and reel fitting. The main problem will be reels and rig bits as these can suffer . Try a silicone pouch like you get in boxes with tellies in this might help.
it has airvents in it mate, will try the other stuff tho cheers.

It's just the cold air mate! Only way to stop it would be insulation!
aye might be another way to add expense to an already expensive project lol

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Keep your gear in the house and move the Mrs into the shed. Problem solved :slap:

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
hi,
I have had a metal shed for a few years and no way could i stop the condensation it will always warm up then cool down causing condensation the worst thing for your fishing tackle and other items.
I pulled it down erected a wooden one and insulated it no problems now, but i always keep me rods and reels in the house.

Rich

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers for the replys. started of getting a metal one was the cheaper option but after everything thats been done to it, would have been cheaper buying a wooden garage. looks like rods will have to go back in doors

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
i,ve heard of metal sheds causing condensation, but along similar lines i have a bikesafe motorcycle garage which is made of galvanized sheet steel and i,ve never had a drip of condensation in there what so ever, bike stays pristine in all weathers. only thing i worry about some times is the thing gets baking hot when the sun shines on it all day A

1 - 11 of 11 Posts