World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Confessions of a lone team wonga .....

1K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Brand 
#1 ·
Hi all.
Did nt expect to go out today re work in the house ,but was allowed if i finished a bit early ...result ."yes i will paint the bedroom when i get back love ".Idid ha.
Well i very nice sess ,so calm,dawn coming over margam,and on my own .I think my m8s have had enough of me and did a runner.
Pick a spot poped a conger rod down sure enough 5 mins a run but did nt come to anything ,,,baaarrr.
Poped another down in 3 ft of water ...result up pops a 4/5 lber .Another rod was down nearby...good zzzzz and a 10 lber ..things are good only fishing half an hr.Couple of doggies make an appearance,couple of conge interested but spat out in the meantime,then i heard a crash .....turned around ooo eer no rod.leaping like a peruvian goat rod no 1 was nowware to be seen peering down a hole i could see the butt ,managed to grab it ...conger on only to plop off halfway up ha,ha,.
Cup of tea/...... rod goes nice good bender...13.13 wonga,unhook trace, the rod which was out a short way goes like an olympic sprinter...wild conger on hand ,shall i put it down and grab the other ...or not ...well or not it was ..pic unhook and plop back ,grab other rod ...grounded.This other run must have been 10 yds or so ..ha..what a nice sound the ratchet is ha,ha,had another the about 8 lb
Re spooled my multi ,got some line ,What shall i do with it ...i know ill make a wig ha,
Had a nice liccle lobster on my baby rod,what a beutifull creature ,why does anyone want to eat these ,i wont .
So 4 hrs sess 4 conger
8 plus a good handfull of spitouts and a grounder .good eels these no prob on a spring tide either,all bites in the first 4 hrs and all returned

wongas taken on pilchard with essence of squid lashed to them ...tidy

See less See more
#10 ·
Well done brand :)
At first I look at the 5th pic i tho eh brand is having a long curly white hair now
After looking it properly it was a mono line lol ^_^
At last well done with the nice weather fishing :p
Ha,im going grey anyway ha, nice day m8 ....

#13 ·
love the wig brand, a cracking day today for you, havent been out this weekend, nice few wongas coming out, good pics too, wheres huw and kirk gone?? excellent fishing m8, I hate painting!!!!!!!!!
Hi m8,shame u hav nt been out,i did nt think i get out but had a chance,think the lads may have gone pikeing,ill pm them tomoz.hectic today not much comeing off the bott..few dogs etc i did my painting ill bee sorting out my next sess for next week soon cheers brand

#18 ·
Not After cod fishing?
Head out break your cod record lol :bleh:
Hi m8,thought id give it a miss ha,I might have a couple of trips new year,thats a good time.Im going prob on a boat from swansea ,first trip in a while.....ha i could take the boat record them ......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.