World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea how to do a poll on this forum, but I was wondering how you choose your lures and what gives you confidence in them?

• My choice is influenced by personal recommendations.
  • My Choice is influenced by blog recommendations.

Do you gain confidence by knowing that someone else has used them and has published their results?

1. My choice is influenced by brand.
  2. My choice is influenced by aesthetics.

Do you feel confident buying because you have bought products of a similar action, profile or brand before?

• My choice is influenced by a salesman or tackle shop owner.
  • My choice is driven by new products.

Maybe there are other things that influence your choices such as price? There are no right or wrong answers here, i'm just interested in how we all make our choices.
Please feel free share the specifics on which shops, blogs, brand etc you respect.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I am more influenced by what's going on around me if something is doing the business around me then its gotta be worth a crack, but then again its often I pick it up in the tackle shop and think mmmm gotta try that. miss aof sooo bad but saved a fortune lol.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have no idea how to do a poll on this forum, but I was wondering how you choose your lures and what gives you confidence in them?

• My choice is influenced by personal recommendations.
  • My Choice is influenced by blog recommendations.

Do you gain confidence by knowing that someone else has used them and has published their results?

1. My choice is influenced by brand.
  2. My choice is influenced by aesthetics.

Do you feel confident buying because you have bought products of a similar action, profile or brand before?

• My choice is influenced by a salesman or tackle shop owner.
  • My choice is driven by new products.

Maybe there are other things that influence your choices such as price? There are no right or wrong answers here, i'm just interested in how we all make our choices.
Please feel free share the specifics on which shops, blogs, brand etc you respect.
That's a great post and I'll be interested to see how many 'honest' answers you get.

For myself, it's quite a different process to the majority as we are on the development edge. That most often means we are testing the stuff most won't see for a year, 2 years, possibly ever.

However, some personal recommendation has influenced me, and some blogs, but no blogs from Britain to date have directly influenced us bar the very developments surrounding flounder LRF which we of course, only enjoy on a very limited level. That meant and means, in that respect, the UK LRF'ers were and are ahead. So we listen.

I spend more time translating sites from many languages, even to the point of learning some of it, to further my research. Fish are fish and one man's solution, though it may not indeed work HERE, just might. Not many transpose without some thought and effort but yes, without this information on hand, it would be a much slower process.

I do not need to rely on second hand confidence though. I know how to brew my own.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
61,460 Posts

[*]My choice is influenced by personal recommendations.
[*]My Choice is influenced by blog recommendations.

[*]My choice is influenced by brand.
[*]My choice is influenced by aesthetics.

[*]My choice is influenced by a salesman or tackle shop owner.
[*]My choice is driven by new products.

Lee I will try and sort the poll later mate....

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
As i`m new to lure fishing, the lures i buy are what the experienced anglers on here are reporting to have caught with. It makes sense to me..When experienced anglers sing the praises of certain lures, i sit up and take notice.

I would never be influenced by salesmen in tackle shops, as it`s their job to sell you what they have for sale.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'd say a mixture of boredom driven impulse and OCD drives most of my purchases. :bounce: + :crazy:

Some sadistic arsehole who knows how weak I am sends me links to stuff too. :secret:

Thankfully I think I now have my problem under control thanks to a return to bait fishing. :yucky:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd say a mixture of boredom driven impulse and OCD drives most of my purchases. :bounce: + :crazy:

Some sadistic arsehole who knows how weak I am sends me links to stuff too. :secret:

Thankfully I think I now have my problem under control thanks to a return to bait fishing. :yucky:
Say Scott have you checked these out 5 x OMGBlades | 42mm - 7g Blade Vibe Lures | Tournament Quality | OMGLures | eBay

That 5 vibes for under a tenner! You aint gonna mind Med species screwing them up at that price hey?!

See its just saving you money mate ;)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts