World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i fancy doing some conger fishing was woundering if anyone on nows for any good marks around south wales area ogmore, pothcawl, portalbot, and whats the best bait to be using at these marks, and also how to get to them. Ive tryed the long arm a few times now only dogys and the odd ray seem to be showing even on whole makki. any information would be a great help
tom

·
C.T.A.C.
650 Posts
If you can wait till nov you get some big eels off the deeps.Can't understand how you had rays off the long arm when congering mind as you need to be close in under your feet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ogmore deeps always produces some decent eels. Either use fish/squid baits or a livebait rig and sit it out. Best fishing after dark and a bit later in the year(september/october) is when you will get the bigger fish.

hi mate at what distance out ad what state of the tide would you fish for these down the deeps (never fished their)
tom

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can wait till nov you get some big eels off the deeps.Can't understand how you had rays off the long arm when congering mind as you need to be close in under your feet.
i have been catching the rays with just a over heat lob out just making sure i clear the rocks what would you suggest cast just into the rocks? or just past onto sand?
tom

·
Registered
770 Posts
There's loads of conger in fishgaurd harbour mate, easy to hook but hard to get out of the rocks. Long way but alright if you don't mind travelling.

·
Registered
345 Posts
What part of The Long Arm have you managed to catch rays with just an overhead lob? Are you fishing the seaward side? How far up do you fish?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What part of The Long Arm have you managed to catch rays with just an overhead lob? Are you fishing the seaward side? How far up do you fish?
hi mate i fish the mova side just where i park the car up in the by the yellow gate that stops you taking the car up the peir their is a flat stone their which allows you to fish quite eiasily compaired to most of the peir only problem is landing what you hook is another story ive caught most of the rays off their id say 2 hours either side of bottem but have caught all time top and bottom only problem is getting through the dogs soon as the dogs come in its game over lol
if your after ray pothcawl is probly our best bet ive had some real good uns latley from their.
tom

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats m onl problem travelling! i tend to fish long arm temost as i can get a lift with my bro in law while hes on his way into work then get picked up on his way home.
There's loads of conger in fishgaurd harbour mate, easy to hook but hard to get out of the rocks. Long way but alright if you don't mind travelling.

·
C.T.A.C.
650 Posts
i have been catching the rays with just a over heat lob out just making sure i clear the rocks what would you suggest cast just into the rocks? or just past onto sand?
tom
Go through the holes m8 closer the better.

·
Registered
345 Posts
hi mate i fish the mova side just where i park the car up in the by the yellow gate that stops you taking the car up the peir their is a flat stone their which allows you to fish quite eiasily compaired to most of the peir only problem is landing what you hook is another story ive caught most of the rays off their id say 2 hours either side of bottem but have caught all time top and bottom only problem is getting through the dogs soon as the dogs come in its game over lol
if your after ray pothcawl is probly our best bet ive had some real good uns latley from their.
tom
Ahhh I know. Yeah the dogs are a pain down there.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
thought you would be here somehow .............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts