World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you use the clicker when fishing for conger i heard that you put the drag to the tightest and then put it in free spool, any other methods?

·
Registered
173 Posts
can you use the clicker when fishing for conger i heard that you put the drag to the tightest and then put it in free spool, any other methods?
you can use the ratchet that way if the tide pull isnt that strong or you can put the ratchet on an loosen the drag off so that the tide dosnt take line but is loose enuff for a fish to take line :yeah:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also fishing in the bristol channel does it matter if i fish for them in daylight or darkness because the waters so mercy?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can use the ratchet that way if the tide pull isnt that strong or you can put the ratchet on an loosen the drag off so that the tide dosnt take line but is loose enuff for a fish to take line :yeah:
does it have to be a plain lead on the rig for this to work ?

·
Registered
173 Posts
does it have to be a plain lead on the rig for this to work ?[/QUOte

you can fish for them at any time in the channel some marks do fish better than others at different states of the tide depending on were your fishing you will want a plain lead or a gripper ie plain lead for realy snaggy marks were your almost garented to loose your lead an gripper for cleaner marks cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts