World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to fish Friars this morning cos of the winds about,took rag ,(sandeels and mackerel with the congers in mind)and squid... Decided to fish the stinky hole with two rods ,one scratcher one big baits....Cast out the scratcher with 2 hook rag flappers,next conger rod ,pulley rig with sandeel squid wrap..cracked off:uhuh: Thought this is gonna be a mare..While sorting out the birdie I pulled a pouting in on the scratcher..Anyway after sorting out the birdie the pouting and whiting kept coming...Whilst rebaiting the flapper with rag i had a good knock on the conger rod and after a good scrap I landed a 5lb 4oz conger.....Kept plugging away at the pouting and whiting and decided to bang out 2 up and overs with sandeels as last cast......Reeling in a whiting the other rod decided it wanted to go for a swim :blink: ......Grabbing the rod just in time I pulled in a conger of 8lb 6oz personal best for me:yeah: ....All in all a cracking days fishing..Anyone fancy a sesh tommorow night or Wednesday?

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts