World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know any good spots for them , i know nells and the white light are a good spot but how far do i have to cast and what bait and rig should i use?

B

·
0 Posts
white light best for congers i find.. i use 1 rod out far for rays and i always fish other rod 70yrds out or closer. i use for close in rod a up and over rig 3.5 rig body with a 7ft hook lenght... half a bluey or mackrel.. ive had rays and congers that close in.. i find when its close in i leave the big baits for at least a hour..

·
Barry Lead Head
1,494 Posts
keep fishing the white light and you'll get your conga. I suggest you use half a mackrel whipped on with bait elastic cast out and leave for an hour at a time. Running ledger or pulley rig will work best you can catch them at close and far ranges but try and cast out as far as you can to avoid the rocks, don't fish to close to the end its too snaggy.

·
Barry Lead Head
1,494 Posts
keep fishing the white light and you'll get your conga. I suggest you use half a mackrel whipped on with bait elastic cast out and leave for an hour at a time. Running ledger or pulley rig will work best you can catch them at close and far ranges but try and cast out as far as you can to avoid the rocks, don't fish to close to the end its too snaggy.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should i go at night? i hear thats supposed to be better. and speaking to my grand dad earlier he said fish like right next to the rocks or with a rotten bottom rig in them on the white light because congers go threw them or something is this true?

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
any one know any good spots for them , i know nells and the white light are a good spot but how far do i have to cast and what bait and rig should i use?
Hi there .ive had them on the r/h side on the end of friars and if you go to the pebbles l/h side , down the first steps so u are about 30 yds away from the rock on your left .thats can be good .go in the nite with someone ,running ledger 8/0 o shornisy hook to 150/175 lb bs cut 3/4 of a macky tail end and elasticate it on .cast as best as you can ..not too far .Give time for the bite to develop when conga backs off just tighten op till solid then wait for the fireworks . watch your pinkies ..watch the toothy end if in dought, trim the hook near as u can and pop it back .good luc

B

·
0 Posts
day or night mate.. its so deep down there i dont think it matters.. i wouldnt fish closer in then 40 to 50 yrds incase of the rocks.. most of my fish have come out in the day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts