World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a wee hour or so at the layby under the oban side of the Connel bridge this afternoon, tide was running at warp speed into etive
Just using 10ft spinning rod 18lb main on fixed spool. Using couple of different lures sparkly blue purple and black n silver. And a gold phallic shaped lure with tinsel all treble hooked.
Saw a couple of seals passing like armed torpedoes into ETIVE
Absolutely loads of fry in the water, with terns in frenzy mode trying to get deep enough to catch them.
Apart from that not a sausage think the butchers shop must have had the lot before I got there.

·
Registered
15,085 Posts
I have considered that very place every time I visit Etive, looks the biz but I have never quite had the confidence in getting results, therefore I have always ventured elsewhere.
Looks like you have confirmed my thoughts.

Always another day :thumbsup:.

Dave

·
Registered
128 Posts
I fished there years ago. Caught lots of 10” pollack and coalfish on lures and doggies of the bottom. Near Bonawe I had plenty of spurdogs and thornback rays.

I suspect the seals you saw would’ve scattered the fish into hiding. I find that when fishing my local estuary, any sight of a seal and the fishing dies. Something we can’t avoid or plan for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking at places to fish near Connel Bridge and I see a steep dropoff behind the Connel Surgery. Anyone knows if there is any public access to it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
A few of us went up through the falls of Lora last year, in small ribs and sibs. Great fun.
Not my video.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is the map with the location (marked in red arrow) that I am interested in. It looks like a great spot from shore but I am not sure if there is any public access to it.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts