World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Cono-flex Mysteron Extra

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  thejollysinker 
#1 ·
is this rod based on the Source, rated for 3-5oz? the guy who sold it to me said it was.

there is no rating written on the blank... blanks supplied to Torbay angling under that name... others on the Cono-flex FB group say it's capable of 6oz plus bait.

having re-read the advert I bought it from I'm dubious about 6oz plus bait....

if anyone can enlighten me as to the true rating I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Never seen the Extra, but I do have 3 Mysterons. The info in the link Wingnut posted is about all I know. Stephen Macmanus occasionally posts on the Conoflex FB page, he will have made it. Mine are good for full blown pendulum with 150g and bait but for me at least suit 125g better at full chat. To this day they are really excellent rods! Any chance you could post up the section lengths, dimensions and some pictures please? Love a Connie 👌
no time at the minute as work is calling but I'll try tomorrow

Discussion starter · #6 ·
@Helpmaboab : here you go mate, a few pics of what's basically an unused rod bought for a bargain £95.

The tip is 7' and the butt is 76" so 13' when assembled.

3.8mm tip dia. down to 22.3mm and the butt is 22.6mm (parallel).

I still can't believe it would handle 6oz plus a large bait on a full blown pendulum swing. I am comparing it to my Nemesis plus' and a Scorpion sport but there you go.... it might just be a confidence thing :unsure:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.