World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Halfway To the Horizon
1,513 Posts
think most guys are going back to the nemesis plus SLR....... im not a fan of conoflex so cant comment on much more. Sure a few others can shed more light.
PS

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
theres a lot of guys on here who swear on the anubis for heavy ground work so i would say its got a pretty good rep for itself:) myself im a century fan and love the WR300,anyway enjoy your new rod mate......nice one:)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Got the Anubis plus...it's streets ahead of the rest.

Brilliant to cast, good tip and more than strong enough for Craster !

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Got the anubis + and love the rod good bite detection, good back bone and casts well and uk built which means quality.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The anubis for me is a much much better rod for heavy work than the new nemesis plus slr, ive got both and find that the nemesis is in a word slightly softer in the tip and is harder work pulling from snags and winding in fish especially trebles of dogs hah! Hope this helps, youll love the anubis i like it so much im considering a 14 6oz version for dogs and distance.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The anubis for me is a much much better rod for heavy work than the new nemesis plus slr, ive got both and find that the nemesis is in a word slightly softer in the tip and is harder work pulling from snags and winding in fish especially trebles of dogs hah! Hope this helps, youll love the anubis i like it so much im considering a 14 6oz version for dogs and distance.
Why would anyone want to be dragging in 3 doggies on the end of a 14ft rod.... make things easier for yourself by using a shorter rod - there are too many people out there that think a long rods gives you more 'leverage'.... it's actually the other way around - you are giving the fish more leverage!:g: :blink:

Just try using a 14ft rod for congering and you will see what I mean!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts