World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trudging back along the spit from Hurst,castle on saturday morning I stopped for a chat with an ol guy who it has to be said had the most pucka gear ive seen on a beach.
zziplex rods and abu turboes saw him casting for bloomin miles
I told him that I too would like to learn Multi casting and was
looking for a suitable rod to go with my 7HT.
Amoung his many rods he has a Conoflex Nemesis + 13ft
ok its 7 yrs old and probly more suited to ruffer ground
than pure sand beaches,but it apparently was £265 new
and has a excellent casting action quite stiff but ok even for a newby like me.
well........£80 2nd hand...seems a bargain
that said i dont know sea fishing blanks and wondered
if you guys thought it might be worth a tripback to the new forrest to get it.
honest as usual....if its poop ....tell me..!!!!!

cheers
Gaz

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The Nemesis plus is a good rough ground rod,possibly not the best rod to learn multi casting on it's not that forgiving,so you may birdsnest a lot.It might be worth sourcing a softer rod!

·
Registered
809 Posts
If its in good nick I would snap his hand off !!

If it has softened up a bit it will probably suit you better. Its not as light as some modern rods but has a superb action and decent bite detection for such a powerful rod. If you are still learning you would be ok with a unitech cast with this rod and 6 oz instead of 5oz will take any sting out of its tail !!
Get this months TSF, Peter Thain does a very good explanation with photos of the unitech, follow his advice to the word, Particularly the left hand height and you cannot fail.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
yes - good rod for the High Inertia (aka "Brighton") cast
probably quite nice for other OTG styles, too
maybe a bit powerful for a beginner to pendulum (but you can try 6,7 or even 8 oz on it if the action hasn't "softened" over the past 7 years)
as mentioned - one of the best rough ground rods around and a bargain at that price.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
yes - good rod for the High Inertia (aka "Brighton") cast
probably quite nice for other OTG styles, too
maybe a bit powerful for a beginner to pendulum (but you can try 6,7 or even 8 oz on it if the action hasn't "softened" over the past 7 years)
as mentioned - one of the best rough ground rods around and a bargain at that price.
cant agree enough the nemisis is a rough ground rod even if you dont practise with it get your style sorted on a softer rod and keep the big boy for kelp and rock ,as a proud owner of a nemisis i can tell you they put the anubis into the shade:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
cant agree enough the nemisis is a rough ground rod even if you dont practise with it get your style sorted on a softer rod and keep the big boy for kelp and rock ,as a proud owner of a nemisis i can tell you they put the anubis into the shade:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
well said m8t:) & agree i also have the nemisis & its never let me down,
it copes with owt u chuck at it:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much fellers for your experienced replies.
I did finally get hold of Conoflex directly who suggested
a softer learning tool estuary or match type........but as the rod being offered
was of excellent quality and a good deal.they suggested
I buy it for marks like Portland Bill and other ruffer terrain.
Ok....so it may snap my hand off as a casting tool
but at least ill have a ruff ground rod in my armoury
for the future.
thanks again lads.

Gaz :)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Got an old Nemesis+ which i got second hand 2-3 years ago. It is a quite stiff powerful rod, although it is not quite a scaffold pole and casts well. If you struggle to compress the rod try a larger weight than usual and shorten the drop to pick up the tip speed. If you choose to buy the rod then this might help you.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I shall be getting it, there is way too much positive
feedback to ignor the opportunity.
A heavier lead on a swinging unitech casting style
me thinks should compress the mutha.
cheers
Gaz :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts