World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im looking for a zziplex or a conoflex rod too purchase at the moment as i cant find them anywhere. If anyone can help that would be great thanx

·
Registered
938 Posts
Look at the classified on here!

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
hi all im looking for a zziplex or a conoflex rod too purchase at the moment as i cant find them anywhere. If anyone can help that would be great thanx
Dont limit yourself to zzippies or conos m8, it severely limits your choices. methinks maybe yr just a tackle tart in the making, who just wants it for the name. this is backed up by the fact that you give no indication of which model you are after, whether you want f/s or m version, what type of ground etc. why not look at the Century range, or any other of the bigger brands: Daiwa,Greys,Abu etc.
Dont limit yourself :thumbs:

·
Banned
420 Posts
just cos some1 wants either a zziplex or a conoflex theyre a tackle tart?

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
just cos some1 wants either a zziplex or a conoflex theyre a tackle tart?
read it again ffs! I said "in the making"! just limiting yourself to 2 manufacturers without even saying which model is silly. dont even know if he's after a beach rod or boat rod......need some details first to give any decent advice.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
read it again ffs! I said "in the making"! just limiting yourself to 2 manufacturers without even saying which model is silly. dont even know if he's after a beach rod or boat rod......need some details first to give any decent advice.
what are you on about??

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
what are you on about??
Original poster only asked where he could buy a zziplex or conoflex rod. surely he could get better advice if he had named a model? post would have had more point if he had said something like "Does anyone know where I can buy (for example) a Zziplex HSN, or a Conoflex Anubis". I wasnt having a dig at the poster, I was just trying to point out to him that if he wants advice, then he needs to be more specific. Its kinda like someone who wants a new car asking "Does anyone know where I can buy a Ford from"....too vague.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
some people limit themselves to century?can't understand it myself.
dunno if that was aimed at me peterpoof :oops: puff, but it does say "Favourite rod", and it just happens that century rods are my favourites. your post might have meant something if it said "only rods" :rtfm:

·
Crinkly line
2,643 Posts
some people limit themselves to century?can't understand it myself.
You are not limiting yourself buy only buying century rods. zziplex may have a bigger selection, but there is always a century rod that fits the bill and will be suitable. Plus there cheaper, have better shrink tube and dont go soft like zzippys do. Im speaking from experiance as I own both.

But each to there own!

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
You are not limiting yourself buy only buying century rods. zziplex may have a bigger selection, but there is always a century rod that fits the bill and will be suitable. Plus there cheaper, have better shrink tube and dont go soft like zzippys do. Im speaking from experiance as I own both.

But each to there own!

I'd agree with the above - Having owned 2 zippys in the past, I personally found the rods lost it's crispy action after a couple of years too. I turned to century and never looked back t.b.h!!!

Only my opinion and I don't want to get into a zippy v century debate like it usually does, peeps love their zippys fair enough, peeps love their centurys or whatever rod brand, again fair enough.

The OP'er should have put a better range for peeps to limit rod choice down and help out where need be...

E.g - What he wants from a rod, like what terrain he'll be fishing over - that sort of gap filling info!!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
[QUOTE "Does anyone know where I can buy a Ford from"....too vague.[/QUOTE]
thats easy to answer you can buy a ford from your nearest ford car dealership :doh:
as the bloke hasn't bothered to add any info i'd say get the conoflex from conoflex :headhurt: or the zzippy from any shop who sells them there's plenty online :huh:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
All my zzips are second hand,my original tf 50/50 is YEARS old and all of em still cast great,none have gone soft,i like century and have owned loads of em but for south coast fishing(in my oppinion) zziplex blow em out the water,there much lighter too.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Certain questions need to be answered before you can dispense any accurate/worthwhile advice.

Why don’t one of you rod buffs write a post in the form of a few simple rod buying criteria questions? We could keep it in the sticky at the top of the page and copy and paste it to any “help I need a new rod but what one” threads.

Eg ….What ground will you be fishing over?
….What’s your budget?
….What weights will you mostly be using (4/5/6/7oz)?

Etc……

:):thumbs:

G

·
hope this doesn't end up in a century V zippie thread again.
probably would of helped if the original poster specified what he wants the rod for.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts