World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#0000FF'>This is probably one of my favourite rods amongst my collection. The rod is ideally suited to fishing estuaries and clean beaches. the butt and the mid section of the rods are quite stiff with plenty of power where as the tip is quite responsive and gives excellent bite detection.

The rod is very user friendly and as you would expect from conoflex the rod is superbly constructed and is a real pleasure to use. Over all I would give it 8/10 because I absolutely love it. Does anyone else on the forum have one, if so what do you think?</font>

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
I had one back in the late 80s/early 90s....snapped it first cast :oops:
Anglers supplies in Cardiff tried to tell me I had maybe trapped the tip in a car door and weakened it, that was until I told them I had bought it that very same morning, and had been nowhere near a car with it, lol. They did replace it straight away though, so fair play :thumbs:

:oops: Just realised, this is a 4 and a half year old thread :lmao:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep mate, sold the rod a few years ago and from what I understand she is still going strong and is in one piece lol.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i just bought a vampire 2, of a mate, awsome rod for me, just started fishing again after a few years of, it has power, and a lovely tip, see any kind of bite, but its very good in weather, and wind, keeps very still, very pleased will buy a second one, i run a mag extra 525 super on it, awsome imo!:clap3:

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I used a custom-built Vampire on the Video/DVD "Simple Surfcasting 2", casting a smoking lead. The rod performed superbly, but couldn't outclass the rod used in the first cast shown on the program, a rebuilt Diawa AWT 12. You can gauge the speed of the lead going on its way by the sound of the reel. The vampire was the easiest rod to use, as usual, wish I hadn't sold it on!
PTR

·
Mullet Meister???
6,756 Posts
Ive had mine a couple of years now, the mk2 one, paid £60 for it and its always my first rod of choice. Casts well, holds up well in the wind and tide. Cant fault it, only minor problem with it it does seem a bit heavy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts