World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mate of mine who can no longer fish the rough marks due to mobolity problems has sold me one of these for £70 quid.

It needs a bit of work on it but appears pretty stiff, wonder if anyone thinks they are good rods,he says they are not made anymore.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dont know anyone who owns one to be honest but it should be a good rod,you can pick them up from Mainwarings in Swansea and Anglers Corner LLanelli and Ewenny you had a bargin at £70 i'd personally get it rebuilt which would cost about £50 and it would be as good as new.
They retail for about £260 - £295.

http://www.conoflex.co.uk/match.html

·
Registered
183 Posts
Bluebeard I had a wizard for years an it was a sound rod great casting and good bite detection, good by at that price :)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i have the conoflex tournament extreme, 13 foot, very stiff, heavy too, ideal for rough ground, i have had it rebuilt at 46 quid in reg aspinalls in barry, it is apparently the first ever rod to cast 300 yds, "nope" it wasnt me, some other person i,m afraid, thats what i call a distance? i know it is not the samerod as yours, but i think if you do have it rebuilt, you will be pretty pleased, and it will be worth a few bob too. good luck with it thow?

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
You lucky barsteward :mad: , i have been threatning to get one of these for months now and same as what was said previously something always intervenes, any how i just bought a PENN INSX to console myself with, and i go on with the hope that lady luck will shine on me one day. :D

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
lol barrel I'm NEVER that good. Whats the INXS like RK was bidding on one of them on E-bay but I dropped out when I won an Onion like your brawd has: now that's a great bit of kit it even makes MY casting look good :)

P

·
0 Posts
i got the inxs mk2 as well its a sweet little fishing iron if i ever saw one

greys have now said if i send em my faulty mk1 onion and a cheque for 72 quid i can get a new one

they would once i spent my wedge on a new rod-pod wouldnt they

1 - 14 of 14 Posts