World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm looking for contact numbers / web sites for any charter boats around the Bristol channel area, looking for a full weekend, maybe a long day wrecking and then a shorter day of mixed fishing, rays bass etc
It will be end of June

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
sshorepunk

lots of good fishing around in june. Not much wreck fishing gets done around this area of the chanel due to massive tides and currents that flood and ebb at 4-5 knots.
The uptiding however is superb for the smooth hounds...not those little anorexic 4-5lbers but big babes over the 10lb mark are COMMON.
plenty of congers and rays to uptiding too.
my advice is Penarth have plenty of good charters (apart from the Chara-IMo hes' not a good skipper and won't put any time in)...if you have a look at this months TSF and the port of call is Cardiff/penarth on the Lady Helen and gives the telephone numbers for all the boats.(not that i'm biased for being in the article!!!)

tackle wise good uptider in the 8-10oz casting (you will probably be using between 6 and 8 oz weights) with a decent 7000 or equivalent multiplier 3-4 foot running ledgers and more crab than you can shake a stick at...i prefer softies for the hounds down here and put 2 decent size ones on at a time..

good luck anything else specific pm me.

John
ps also check out the lady helen link for info too

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Seafire, Sean Anning, Watchet, and stay at the Ship Inn, we had loads of Thornbacks, Straps, Ling, when we fished with him, mind it was a few years back. Used uptiders and 18lb mainline. Excellent Skipper, great pub grub. No connection.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Do you want clear water fishing (Minehead/Ilfracombe or Swansea) - maybe a chance of a Lundy trip - or the 'muddy water' options mentioned above (plus "ScoobyDooToo" out of Watchet) ?
More uptiding in the muddy water, more chance of a Pollack 'out West' ; not sure about Mackerel (even in the Western end) in June.

and I forgot to mention Burry Port (small-medium Bass)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts