World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello evreybody im seriously thinking about getting a Conversion kit for my 6500 c3 ct Mag, I was browsing the web and came across Chris Macey's conversions..

I dont no what to look for in a conversion kit wether it should be a monomag conversion or what ever,

Please can some one point me in the right direction in what is best to have??? and what they actually do????

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
do you want it for casting ?

there are mono and centure mag conversions both made so you set the mag close to trhe spool as the lead is going away you wind them off or away from the spool

chris does a very good job as does qtc wozza and mike benfield

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Jason,

there are pro's and cons for each type but they all work equally well.

all of the people mentioned do a great job. Chris's work is the best that i have seen

choose whichever one you like the look of and then after that, if you get any more reels converted, get the same one every time

send them the reel to do rather than just getting the bits to do yourself.it can save a bit of heartache later ;)

Why not consider buying a reel thats already converted. it'll always be worth what you pay if you ever want to sell. someone here is selling 2 ABU Mag 2's for £70 each. They would be ideal for you http://www.myfishcasting.com/casting_forum/viewtopic.php?t=6834

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i gathered i was going to ask u to do it lol.. but i think i will send it then it gets a professional job. no offense....

what u mean like the look of what if i prefer to have it in the middle or the side??

Jason,

all of the people mentioned do a great job. Chris's work is the best that i have seen

choose whichever one you like the look of and then after that, if you get any more reels converted, get the same one every time

send them the reel to do rather than just getting the bits to do yourself.it can save a bit of heartache later ;)

·
Halfway To the Horizon
1,513 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i gathered i was going to ask u to do it lol.. but i think i will send it then it gets a professional job. no offense....

what u mean like the look of what if i prefer to have it in the middle or the side??
No offence taken, i think that professional engineers are the best bet ;)

yep, just choose what you like. Mono Mags (side) are simpler and have less to go wrong.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol better send it to you then i save on postage.:laugh:

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Jason,

Why not consider buying a reel thats already converted. it'll always be worth what you pay if you ever want to sell. someone here is selling 2 ABU Mag 2's for £70 each. They would be ideal for you http://www.myfishcasting.com/casting_forum/viewtopic.php?t=6834
You on commission Mark? :roll1::roll1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts