World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Milford on sea, yet have never given the beach fishing the time of day, always opting to taking the boat out from lymington. So over the past couple of weeks I've done a few afternoons down by the marine cafe. Thoroughly enjoyable although not anything like as successful as I'm used to. Many tiny whiting that would usually make a perfect live bait!! A nice and all too rare flounder a couple of smaller bass and this ( I think a bearded rockling)
Reading that a few people have had turbot near the White House, is this day and night? I'm guessing best bait is mackerel? Much appreciated chaps.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I live in Milford on sea, yet have never given the beach fishing the time of day, always opting to taking the boat out from lymington. So over the past couple of weeks I've done a few afternoons down by the marine cafe. Thoroughly enjoyable although not anything like as successful as I'm used to. Many tiny whiting that would usually make a perfect live bait!! A nice and all too rare flounder a couple of smaller bass and this ( I think a bearded rockling)
Reading that a few people have had turbot near the White House, is this day and night? I'm guessing best bait is mackerel? Much appreciated chaps.
Interesting report, thanks Bud
A rockling , slug or colin are other names it is known by............now about that bell in the picture.....photo shop it out immediately to avoid some serious banter would be my advice.
Thanks for posting
Stevo T

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Bells and Colin's mmad will be quite disturbed.

Welcome to the fun and frustration, and not to mention banter of beach fishing and the wsf:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha cheers for the reply. Well I realised that these tiny whiting and other small species are hardly making my drags run so for those momentary lapses in concentration the bell just about does it. Wouldn't want these fish swallowing the hooks right down when I'm not watching the tip! Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts