World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wodering if anybody nows if I can change my honda outboard from tiller to remotes had look on the internet but cant find any information on it the engine does not say remotes on the manual was wondering if it can be done cheers

G

·
I saw a boat for sale the other day that had twin tiller outboards rigged for remotes, and the tillers arms were left on in the upright position. Don't know how he worked the gears and throttle. My 8hp Mariner has a place to mount the remote steering gear and everything on that is controlled by the tiller arm, so haven't got a clue how you would convert that, but obviously it can be done. I would like to have wheel steering but have settled for a tiller extension for now.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Was wodering if anybody nows if I can change my honda outboard from tiller to remotes had look on the internet but cant find any information on it the engine does not say remotes on the manual was wondering if it can be done cheers
I have a friend who has a 4-stroke 9.9hp that has remotes and cable steering. I'm sure it's a 9.9hp. Do you have a photo as I'd recognise the model.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is 2 types one has remote the other hasnt I happen to have the one that doesnt but was wondering if it is possible to convert the one I have cheers

·
Registered
11,701 Posts
Usually with small outboards you can get a kit which consists of brackets etc to attach control cables and steering - a 10hp is quite a common size to power cabin cruisers on a canal or river and they are generally hooked up to remotes. I would consult your nearest Honda dealer.

·
Registered
394 Posts
What year and model is your 10hp? If you can let me have this info then i`ll look into it for you as i have some 10hp honda`s out in the shed so might well have what you need.

A photo with the hood on would be helpful as there were several different shapes.

Matt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts