World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if any of u have heard about it, but it's a conger comp being fished over loch fyne, loch goil and loch long. The rules sound a bit...well mince actually. they're saying that only one conger can be weighed in. So what happens if the fishings good? chances are not everyones going to be keeping there eels alive in bucket,so what? the fish gets chapped a bigger one comes along and that one gets left on the beach?? does anyone else think that pretty stupid or is it just me?? it's a rover so stewards aren't really practical but theres plenty of alternatives. Pairing folk up to name one.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
If you read on the fish slaughter thread this is one comp I will not fish, The scales I believe aint anywhere near the water or so i'll lead to believe so thats a dead eel.
Sorry not for me!

Jim

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you can to obtain a large hessian sack you can keep a conger alive in it for about ten hours. All you do is tie up the bag with an electrical cable tie keep it in the water and if you are lucky enough to catch a bigger eel all you do is swap them over and release the smaller one no problem and you can take them alive to the weigh-in and release them afterwards just remember to keep the bag wet.

·
Registered
195 Posts
this should be mandatory! i saw the leaflet in gac with the rules and wasn't too enamoured about them. it would be a shame to see large conger being killed, hate to say it but i hope the fishings poor on the day(s)

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
As a member of Corinthians SAC, here are the rules;

:laugh:Registration 6-7pm Saturday, Rest'n'Be Thanful Car park. Entry £12
:laugh:Fishing 8pm Saturday to 8am Sunday
:laugh:Venue is anywhere in Loch Fyne, Loch Long or Loch Goil from the shore
:laugh:Weigh in at sam car park 9-9.30am Sunday
:laugh:Two rods can be used, but only three hooks maximum over the two rods
:laugh:A maximum of three fish of each species can be bought to the weigh in.
:laugh:SFSA size limits apply. Where there is no size limit, fish must be 20cm long

Any fish brought alive to the weigh in will be returned to the water at Ardgartan. For info - conger and LSDs are extremely resilient fish that remain alive for a long time out of the water, then swim off merrily.

I'm just passing on the rules as somebody requested them. Please dont expect me to enter into a debate about morals and wellbeing of fish. I know that many anglers bring along freshwater keepnets for this match, bring fish to the scales in a big bucket of water, then return them alive wth no problems.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Gordon,

None of what you, or other members of the club have said explains bin bags of fish bein dumped after the weigh in last year...

As I've said previously it is very difficult for anglers to take a stand on the indescriminate practices of commercial fishermen when we don't have our own house in order.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Gordon,

None of what you, or other members of the club have said explains bin bags of fish bein dumped after the weigh in last year...

As I've said previously it is very difficult for anglers to take a stand on the indescriminate practices of commercial fishermen when we don't have our own house in order.

WE HAVE HAD OUR DIFFERENCES OF OPINION IN THE PAST DAVY , BUT THIS TIME I DO AGREE WITH YOU. I WOULDNT FISH THIS MATCH AND THINK THAT THE RULES HAVE TO BE CHANGED .

AL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts