World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lad and i have to make a collection near lands end this spring, so we thought we would go the day before and get some fishing in these exotic waters, so where would you choose to go? nowhere too muddy please as we will be sleeping in the van/tent. we have kayaks we could take if the effort would be worth it. Coming from north devon, cheers all.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
No muddy beaches down our end (Long Rock comes close, but sandy mud, not like the Bristol Channel), so all good. You can launch the Kayaks easily from Porthgwarra and Sennen. Porthgwarra would give you plenty of options as far as species and ground goes. It's a little quite this early in the year, so Kayaks are probably the best chance of a decent fish.

·
Registered
177 Posts
theres a beach more like graveyl stuff just passed newlyn harbour the entrance is the (free) car park is on your left as u go passed the harbour b easy to launch a kayak nd prob get away with ova night there too fished here nd had some great sport with wrasse nd pollack etc

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
If your going to Sennen why not park the other side of the lighthouse and walk around to your left onto the rocks, there should be some decent Wrasse about on the right day and some pollock or even some maccy. Plus if you have kayaks it's an easy launch from the beach between the lifeboat house and the breakwater. Don't want to teach you to suck eggs as such, but there can be some nasty rips around The Cows and towards Lands End.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers guys will look into your sugestions. we have often stayed at Borah farm near Lamorna in the past, we have fished Porth curno beach once and blanked, also ended up on the end of the harbour wall at Newlyn, and had lots of small stuff (my only ever scad) then the next morning noticed the "no fishing" sign! ignorance was bliss. didnt know of the existance of a beach just passed it, but will investigate. have to be saftey concious as my lad is only 10

·
Registered
177 Posts
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.1...1e1!3m2!1sp7-VDwKJKyAnJzPuCcNoXg!2e0?hl=en-GB

hopefully the link works mate if it does the following will make sense if not go into google maps and search of "fore street" then go on to street view

there is a some parking bays with a white van parked at the end by a yellow cross hatch box thats the lil road can drive down to get to the beach, i was fishing to the right hand side by the rocks it should be pretty safe for a young kid there as your mainly on very course if not gravel not really a beach as such

there is a tackle shop West Cornwall Angling, Penzance | FISHING TACKLE - Yell

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
niceone wiltshire87, we drove arround once looking for somewhere to fish, but totaly missed that road/area. we drove from newlyn to mousehole, but went straight up the steep hill road. will let you know how we get on

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well we went on our trip yesterday, didnt get there till dark, so was pleased to find it very easy going (wiltshire87) we werent the only ones kipping there, unfortunatly the fishing wasnt great but there goes, fished the gravely beach but only had rocklings. looks a good spot to lure or float amongst the huge bolders towards Mousehole. Didnt take the yaks

·
Registered
493 Posts
Just seen this thread and I am looking to fish round there too, Mackerel about at the mo apparently. Am I right in thinking you take that left just after the parking bays, over the yellow cross hatched area?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts