World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took advantage of a free night last night. Nothing too adventurous just a little session off penzance pier. It started slowley with the odd small pollock, whiting and rockling. Then the whiting hordes descended. for about two hours just after the tide turned i barely managed to put a rod down, as soon as one was baited and cast the other one was regestering a bite. none of them went over 8oz but great fun, three successive casts produced double shots:clap2: . Then about 10:30 i struck a bite and thought I'd finally goten a larger whiting. When I got it in i was ecstatic to see a little codling:clap2: :clap2: . Only about 3/4lb, but it was my first one ever and I had given up hope of one this season. Consequently I stayed untill just after midnight in the hope of catching his big brother. unfortunatly the bites tailed off at about 11:30. Still it was great fun with about 25 whiting in about 3 hours, AND A COD!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well done bassmad, sounds like a good session and its always nice to have a cod no matter what size. I fished there a few weeks back, again loads of whiting but as you said, nothing much over 8oz.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I took advantage of a free night last night. Nothing too adventurous just a little session off penzance pier. It started slowley with the odd small pollock, whiting and rockling. Then the whiting hordes descended. for about two hours just after the tide turned i barely managed to put a rod down, as soon as one was baited and cast the other one was regestering a bite. none of them went over 8oz but great fun, three successive casts produced double shots:clap2: . Then about 10:30 i struck a bite and thought I'd finally goten a larger whiting. When I got it in i was ecstatic to see a little codling:clap2: :clap2: . Only about 3/4lb, but it was my first one ever and I had given up hope of one this season. Consequently I stayed untill just after midnight in the hope of catching his big brother. unfortunatly the bites tailed off at about 11:30. Still it was great fun with about 25 whiting in about 3 hours, AND A COD!
Nice session:)
Are you fishing the comp tomorrow? If so see you at the sign on 9 - 9.30am

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi bassmad, which pier did you go off lighthouse or the Albert? Give us a shout when next out as my usual partner in crime is away at mo playing with furry exocets.....
Well done on the cod and the good session.
cheers Craig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts