World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished one of our north coast marks on saturday, before i had rigged up a float, mike had pulled out a nice 2lb pollock on black redgill.had a few tuna on the float, mike pulls out another 2lb pollock.had a nice pollock on the float, mike losses his redgill so switches to silver toby and after a few casts as hes about to lift it out a nice schoolie lunges at it like a torpedo. several more mackies for me and mike pulls out a 3lb pollock. best fishing we had all summer.glassback how did you get on down south coast?

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wanna catch a Tuna, wouldn't even know where to start with them though, location, bait, methoids etc, don't have a clue.

Brilliant results though well done :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
The guy in the picture looks familiar..was this at Port Gaverne by any chance? if not, were you at Port Gaverne on Saturday?
As I'm recognising your face from there..

·
Registered
570 Posts
Mackerel are tuna

·
Registered
570 Posts
Indeed they are but I do think it might have been mentioned in the op as opposed to cornish mackerel, if anyone ever mentions swansea bay marlin for example they mean dogfish etc

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
it seems that the grapevine is hot at the moment..and any mention of the word tuna..is going to get a reaction of some sort....as i think the whole sea anging world is waiting .. to see if a big south coast tuna does indeeed get caught and reported on rod and line this summer...

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Indeed they are but I do think it might have been mentioned in the op as opposed to cornish mackerel, if anyone ever mentions swansea bay marlin for example they mean dogfish etc
Yeah, I see what you mean....made me think that if WSF had existed 40 years ago....before untreated sewage discharge ended....we'd be seeing the pest of 'eternal jellyfish' featuring in the catch reports from Nell's and Friar's on Barry Island !?!?!

·
Registered
570 Posts
You don't tend to get the brown fish at Barry anymore they all seem to have been fished out, or got stuck in peoples ears etc

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
it seems that the grapevine is hot at the moment..and any mention of the word tuna..is going to get a reaction of some sort....as i think the whole sea anging world is waiting .. to see if a big south coast tuna does indeeed get caught and reported on rod and line this summer...
I guess this vid is an example as to why there's so much interest in the prospect of a 'return' of the tuna to UK waters

http://www.fliesandfins.com/fishvideos/bluefin-tuna-rhode-island.wmv

·
Registered
218 Posts
looks more like Penhalic point to me ?
Yeah now that you've said it, it kind of does, i don't think it is though. But you could be right!

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's one heck of a walk, I will never be going to Penhalic point again, ever, not even going to consider it anymore.

·
Registered
25,149 Posts
Sorry mate but thats a stroll compared to some marks we fish,just out of interest ,where did you start from :unsure:
LOL A 25kg tuna been landed off portmellon beach today apparently,kids saw it swimming around injured and got adult renforcements to land it,yellowfin apparently?????:punk:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts