World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fancy spilling the beans on what they've been catching down Cornwall at the moment?

In the last week I've had a few tiny whiting from Newquay harbour and some decent whiting and a huge pouting from the Camel. Still some decent bass about, my mate had a nice one from the Tamar a couple of weeks ago and there's still plenty being caught on the usuall North coast spots.

Going to fish the Tamar tonight hopefully get some whiting and bass and maybe ray? I'll stick a cod bait out but I'm always pretty dubious about cod in the Tamar, although people bang on about it as a cod venue I reccon only a handfull are really caught.

Anyone else been having much luck?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fished the lower Tamar around Cremyl last night on the outgoing tide, pretty quiet but caught what I reccon was probably my biggest ever doggie; a 3lb maneater! apart from that nothing much else, my mate had a dog as well and a big rockling that swallowed a whole squid on a 4/0 pennel rig!

Anyone else had much?

J

·
0 Posts
hi, I fished stack point in Falmouth and had nice size doggies, Thornies and pollack. Word is there's still mackerel around?
Had some nice Bass a few weeks back from a secret pier in Newquay.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Its true there are only a handfull of cod caught each year. Unless you are prepared to put the hours in your better off going for the thornies. Fished out of my mates boat last night at a mark just off drakes island and had plenty of butterflies but nothing decent only to prawn. :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fished Loe Bar yesterday, really slow just a dogfish for our efforts, we fished the middle of the beach, there were some guys fishing at the east and west corners who had a few small whiting but nothing exiting. from what I can make out from talking to people it's pretty quiet most places at the moment. Unless anyone knows different?....Anyone bagging up?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Going for cod on devils point this weekend.Heard they're taking prawn.Some guy in clives tackle had an eight pounder yesterday.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck mate, tell us how you get on. I still haven't tamed myself a Tamar cod yet. You might pick up some thornies down there on prawn, it's a killer bait for ray. Wouldn't listen to the bait freezer cronies in Clives too closely though :rolleyes: if they caught all they fish said they did there'd be no fish left!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
i had a nice bass from my fav mark near polzeath a couple of weeks ago, along with a small rockling, and shed loads of whiting and big doggies, all of which took worm

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fished Newquay Harbour last night on the incoming tide, had two small whiting and a flounder on rag, my mate had a plaice off there the other night so hopefully they'll be moving in soon.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Fished a mark in looe on saturday and between 2 of us we managed 4 dogs, 1 whiting and 2 rockling.

Ordinarily a poor night but my fishing partner for the night was a beginner who was over the moon to catch his first three fish, the best was a doggie of 2 1/4lb. So a lot of fun all round.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fished Pendower beach near Truro last night, caught 5 doggies on squid and rag, lots of bites and quite a good laugh. I'm a big doggie fan, you gotta love the little buggers for constantly being the saviour of otherwise blanktastic conditions I reccon.

·
Registered
767 Posts
hi guys and dolls if any.

i shall be coming down stay at st austell in mid march for the week to do plenty of fishing (misses does not know that bit yet). can anyone put me onto any marks worth a fish, either rock or sand am kitted for both.

any help would be much appreciated

thanx

long live the doggies, saviour of the universe..................

1 - 12 of 12 Posts