World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The spiders are out in force. Fished with fish baits and got snapped off a couple of times from big spider crabs.

Managed to land one quite a decent size. Has anyone eaten one before, was tempted to keep it but not sure what they're like to eat.

Anyway, other than my mate being snapped off first cast from what we believe would have been a spider about the same size as a mini (clubman estate) and the spider I had, only one doggy caught.

A lot of people out on the beach which I thought was strange for the small tide and north easterly wind. Oh well, I spose everyone else just needed to wet a line like me.

Cheers
Deano

·
Registered
137 Posts
They be good to eat.
I would suggest looking at the Penzance / Newlyn fish festival in August for crab recipes. A bloody great day out.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Legs and claws the best,I think that it's better than brown crab.

·
Registered
696 Posts
work at a fish/shellfish wholesalers and we process crab, spider crab is absolute rubbish, not much meat in them and they taste awful!!

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
The spiders are out in force. Fished with fish baits and got snapped off a couple of times from big spider crabs.

Managed to land one quite a decent size. Has anyone eaten one before, was tempted to keep it but not sure what they're like to eat.

Anyway, other than my mate being snapped off first cast from what we believe would have been a spider about the same size as a mini (clubman estate) and the spider I had, only one doggy caught.

A lot of people out on the beach which I thought was strange for the small tide and north easterly wind. Oh well, I spose everyone else just needed to wet a line like me.

Cheers
Deano
jeeze sounds like they out to take over the seas , reckon we need a storm to push them out into deeper water :g: :g: , apprentley the legs and claws are what you eat of them , the french love them on there seafood platters :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
theres still a fair bit of meat in the crab. when you snap the legs off follow the cavity into the crab body and use the end of a teaspoon to scoop it out. bloody handsome me lover. plymouth accent coming out there. try it if you dont like it dont bother with it. it is a time consuming job for the amateur though. the frogs or spanish boats will probably come and get them anyway, like everything else.

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
theres still a fair bit of meat in the crab. when you snap the legs off follow the cavity into the crab body and use the end of a teaspoon to scoop it out. bloody handsome me lover. plymouth accent coming out there. try it if you dont like it dont bother with it. it is a time consuming job for the amateur though. the frogs or spanish boats will probably come and get them anyway, like everything else.
i hope so , then we can get on with our fishing :D:D:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts