World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I eventually arrived at Dunge at 6.30pm, tried to park reasonably close for back of power station. Took half an hour waiting for somebody to leave and redeem a parking space, it was absolutely 'choc a bloc'.
Walked up power station road and up the shingle bank. Well, i couldnt believe the amount of people on the beach , all Mackereling, whole families, two catching, one gutting, one washing and putting into boxes, others running around like madmen shouting and pointing. And me, well i come for some Sole! :laugh::laugh:

I walked along to the 2nd bird hide behind power station, (not so many this far up, too far to carry heavy boxes of fish back) and set out my
pitch. The mackies were everywhere, in huge shoals 1ft from the shingle. Had 2hrs before sun went down so thought i'd get the feathers out to catch a few,

Met another forum member fishing next to me (Aye), nice to meet you Aye AKA Martin.

Well the sun eventually went down, the crowds went home and left us in peace for the serious part, Sole. The whiting replaced the Mackies, no sign of a Sole and it was 11.30pm, then a gentle pull down had my full attention, wait for it i thought, again a nice gentle pluck and pull,this is it i says, Sole, winds in and, oh no it cant be.....:cry:

Somewhere amongst this lot is a hooklength and a 6" wire boom.
The next cast saw me 'take a seagull out of the air', and it was tangled in my line (it was let go unharmed apart from a sore head). Then the same ol story ,Whiting Whiting and more Whiting. Packed up 1am. Driving home got stopped by the ol' bill, they stopped me cause i was out late! I didnt know there was a curfew! :crazy: Anyway thats it for another session. The Sole WILL come out to play another day... maybe.

·
Banned
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unlucky on the sole hunt fella but seemed a busy sesh never the less, did you not know about the curfew? :eek:hmy:
Hi john

It would seem that the 'curfew' is on the Sole bud, its about time a few turned up in number. Or perhaps i just not a good enough angler.:notworthy

·
Registered
183 Posts
nice report Sprat

Even though the Sole didn't turn up at least you had a little dinner/bait to be going home with. Although it brings out the feather chuckers it's nice to see a few macs about.

Dan

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
hey spratdab graham(gene hunt) is going to organise a sole session on dungie next month i went to the last one last friday night but had whiting too lol but keep them peeled and see if you can come on the next one it would be nice to meet up and compare note ect it will be posted on here when its gonna be m8 ok tight lines

·
Registered
650 Posts
What have I let myself in for now............................................. Well done Wayne nice makkies ,no comment about the snotty. So you never knew about the curfew.I patrol around Greatstone of a night in the Mk 111,did I mention the 105bhp at 55500 rpm. We have to justify our existance see, between the doughnuts and 5 year malt. We have a picture on the wall at the factory of a dodgy fella, goes by the name Lugworm Len,poses on fishing forums as Ragworm but weve got im sussed.Were gonna nab him walking away from dungy with untaxed soles. Hence the curfew. Ive seen some of the power station plod getting into thier cars without gloves.I cannot believe it the s****y stringbacks give you an increased grip on the wheel but also look the dogs testicles.Look after the knuckles in a roll around too.
I trust your not expectin me to place a missing sole report are you? :busted_co

·
Banned
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Gene :wave: lol,
Am considering a serious bash at Denge Marsh on Thursday 31st night. HW 23.26 and at the moment, no wind to talk about (that is unless i take gerbillious, then there be lots of wind :laugh:) The weather seems pretty settled over the next few days so think i take a chance on sole mecca. What do you think? Anyone fancy it? Anyone else wish to comment?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
wayne nice few macs there when i was down could not get a mac for love nor money lol thursday ay denge i aint never fished there not to shaw how to get there???? ive herd theres a few potholes in the road that leeds down to denge???? got a van so they should not be a problem how far do you have to walk once you park up????hear from you soon captin bob:victory:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
What have I let myself in for now............................................. Well done Wayne nice makkies ,no comment about the snotty. So you never knew about the curfew.I patrol around Greatstone of a night in the Mk 111,did I mention the 105bhp at 55500 rpm. We have to justify our existance see, between the doughnuts and 5 year malt. We have a picture on the wall at the factory of a dodgy fella, goes by the name Lugworm Len,poses on fishing forums as Ragworm but weve got im sussed.Were gonna nab him walking away from dungy with untaxed soles. Hence the curfew. Ive seen some of the power station plod getting into thier cars without gloves.I cannot believe it the s****y stringbacks give you an increased grip on the wheel but also look the dogs testicles.Look after the knuckles in a roll around too.
I trust your not expectin me to place a missing sole report are you? :busted_co
pmsl shouldnt that be 10.5bhp in the mk111 :laugh: if i dont catch any soles next time im gonna join the sushi brigade:victory::laugh:

·
Registered
650 Posts
pmsl shouldnt that be 10.5bhp in the mk111 :laugh: if i dont catch any soles next time im gonna join the sushi brigade:victory::laugh:
No definatly 105 Lugworm Len. Raw Mackeral ughhhhhhh
wayne Im working solidly now until Saturday afternoon then in again early Sunday so can possibly manage sat night but other than that Im unavailable. Dengie could be a good bet but any strong wind will kick it into touch I fear.
Good luck anyway. Come on you soleboys.:busted_co

·
Registered
151 Posts
nice to meet you to spratdab/wayne (hope i got that right useless with names)
was a great evenings fishing never seen the macks like that before waded in up to my knees ,and they were all around my legs started spinning on light rods but the missus (thats her in the foreground of 1st pic, says you could have took one of her catching ) started to beat me even phoned her mum and mine to rub it in, i was losing about 7-1 so on went a set of feathers 2 casts 2 full strings, one smug grin:happy: she muttering cheat:sneaky2: continued to spin for fun just kept throwing em back
as the sun went down out came the worms and the whiting (no keepers ) and that how it stayed packed up about 12 no sole again did see spratdab take out his frustrations on the seagull though, went over to help just in time for the gull to walk off looking a bit dazed
will try again at w/end

·
Registered
102 Posts
We arrived at the back of the power station at about 6 15, hoping for a sole session,,,,,,,,,,that went out of the window as the feathering was still going strong at 9 30. Not to waste a 90 mile round trip we rigged up with dexter wedges on the bass rods, steadily taking one macky at a time, hoping they would soon bugger off, and at the same time knowing with that amount of turmoil the sole would probably not put in an appearance. Sure enough when darkness fell,the whiting came on, and getting that feeling that this was about as good as it was going to get we packed up just after 11.
All in all, disappointed to see so many on the beach last night, happy to have a steady supply of fish in the freezer and the best entertainment we have had for ages.....watching a far eastern family trying to get up a shingle bank with more fish ,stuffed in various boxes, than you could feed to 10 families. May be its why we brits have shorter life expectancy....we dont eat our own body weight in mackerel every day..........obvious really when you take a look up the beach !

·
Registered
673 Posts
hi all i popped down there for an hour and i have never seen so many poeple on the beach. the mackie were jupping out the water at times a great sight to see. had enough after an hour an my daughter was happy brining in her first mackie

·
Banned
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wayne nice few macs there when i was down could not get a mac for love nor money lol thursday ay denge i aint never fished there not to shaw how to get there???? ive herd theres a few potholes in the road that leeds down to denge???? got a van so they should not be a problem how far do you have to walk once you park up????hear from you soon captin bob:victory:
Ooh aarh me ol scurvy :bones::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Why did you need a 'Mac', me ol sea dog.? Was ye planning to flash at em der fish, show em yer worm so to speak :laugh::laugh:
Denge:
If your coming in from Brenzett, instead of turning left at the last roundabout that sets you onto dungeness road, go straight across into Robinhood lane, continue to the very end , about 1 1/2miles. the last half mile is major pot hole country but can be negociated, at the end be careful not to drive too far onto the shingle or you will get bogged down. Walk up and over the shingle bank, dah nah., theres the sea. The walk is about 30yds. Will let you know if i def going.

·
Banned
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi all i popped down there for an hour and i have never seen so many poeple on the beach. the mackie were jupping out the water at times a great sight to see. had enough after an hour an my daughter was happy brining in her first mackie
Hi Bouncer,
here is a pic of the mackies jumping around and moving along the shoreline. These orientals were doing thier nuts.They couldnt cast in quick enough!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I must admit that family have taken huge amounts of fish away this week. Ive seen them three times now and its amazing to see how they have it worked out. It seems the men are fishing with the feathers, the women and children pick up the fish and put them in the baskets . What on earth are they doing with them . They must of taken hundreds of fish. And yes I laughed my head off watching them struggling up the beach with rediculous amounts of fish. Serves em right. Never seen so many makkies at Dungy as i have this past fortnight.
Its a pity they dont hang around for the night and thin out the whiting for u sole boys.
We need a pack of 50 seals to nosh on the whiting shoals and take the smaller fish leaving us with the keepers, and they are out there. Mind you I doubt if even they would make a mark on the numbers. :busted_co

·
Banned
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I must admit that family have taken huge amounts of fish away this week. Ive seen them three times now and its amazing to see how they have it worked out. It seems the men are fishing with the feathers, the women and children pick up the fish and put them in the baskets . What on earth are they doing with them . They must of taken hundreds of fish. And yes I laughed my head off watching them struggling up the beach with rediculous amounts of fish. Serves em right. Never seen so many makkies at Dungy as i have this past fortnight.
Its a pity they dont hang around for the night and thin out the whiting for u sole boys.
We need a pack of 50 seals to nosh on the whiting shoals and take the smaller fish leaving us with the keepers, and they are out there. Mind you I doubt if even they would make a mark on the numbers. :busted_co
Its all very interesting, do these orientals really love Mackerel that much? Are they eating it as a staple/suppliment to thier diet? Are they taking the catch to market, or do they have thier own agenda? Whatever they do , you got to take your hat off to them, they are totally committed, and seem very organised. Any comments?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Far too many to eat . They dont last that long fresh nor frozen. My guess is the market.
But as said, so well organised them people.Even the littleuns :busted_co

1 - 18 of 18 Posts